Pitt's best player, Junior WR Greg Lee, enters NFL Draft due to Wanny's ineptitude | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitt's best player, Junior WR Greg Lee, enters NFL Draft due to Wanny's ineptitude

CrunchTime said:
Oh boy.Are you in for a letdown.

Similar things were being said by Dolphin fans when the Chicago Bears fans were warning us that Wanny would ruin our team.

He may be a good recruiter but he is the most unimaginative coach I can think of.He will continually try to fit square pegs into round holes and doesnt have a clue about how to make adjustments as the game progresses.Look for a lot of second half comebacks against your team.

:yeahthat: He has run the last 2 teams he has coached into the ground, dont expect that trend to change. You will win some games but you will never be realy good as long as Dave is your HC.

shanevcherry said:
I am a Pitt student and believe me I do not want Tyler on this team. Yes, he says all the right things. I have talked with Tyler numerous times. But he doesnt have the presence in the pocket. He got scared this year, and at the slightest sight of pressure he takes off and never gives his recievers a chance!
As for the Wanny thing, Dave is doing a great job with us! He came in and instilled a system that we didn't have the players for yet... dumb? NO!! What's he gonna do, recruit players for a system he doesn't use and then have them learn the new one!?! Let me tell you why Dave is gonna be successful:
HE BELIEVES IN WHAT HE IS SELLING!
College is all about recruiting, and if the coach doesn't really believe in his product the kids know. Dave does, he's a Pitt guy living his dream and the kids can tell. Our recruiting class is ranked #7 in the country next year which is ridiculous for Pitt! Dave is the right guy for THIS job.

Surely you realize that on Feb.1 when the big recruits make their decision that number will be down around 15-20. It's Dec. 20th, a LONG way from signing day.

For Pitt, he had a nice recruiting class though.

Tyler Palko isn't even good enough to be classified as a "poor man's" Cade McKnown. It's more like "homeless man's" Cade McKnown. He stinks and has no future in the CFL, let alone the NFL. You've gotta be nuts.

shanevcherry said:
I am a Pitt student and believe me I do not want Tyler on this team. Yes, he says all the right things. I have talked with Tyler numerous times. But he doesnt have the presence in the pocket. He got scared this year, and at the slightest sight of pressure he takes off and never gives his recievers a chance!
As for the Wanny thing, Dave is doing a great job with us! He came in and instilled a system that we didn't have the players for yet... dumb? NO!! What's he gonna do, recruit players for a system he doesn't use and then have them learn the new one!?! Let me tell you why Dave is gonna be successful:
HE BELIEVES IN WHAT HE IS SELLING!
College is all about recruiting, and if the coach doesn't really believe in his product the kids know. Dave does, he's a Pitt guy living his dream and the kids can tell. Our recruiting class is ranked #7 in the country next year which is ridiculous for Pitt! Dave is the right guy for THIS job.
He can have the #1 recruiting class, but he'll squander that talent like he did in Miami.:shakeno:

Lee is a dynamic WR and is big and fast....I like him or Orr from Wisconsin in the mid rounds.

Lee is a pretty good player, but the few times I did watch him he seemed to drop alot of catchable balls. It's probably a good thing for him to come out this year because next years class has potentially Johnson from Ga. Tech, who I think is the best wideout in college football and Jarrett from USC.

Lee's lack of speed will keep him in the middle rounds. He could sneak in the third round somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom