Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field

Fair. But I just can’t see “not” going big on playmakers this draft. We need more big play guys on O and a big time LB or Edge wouldn’t hurt either.
I'm less sold on the need to take offensive backs than most of Finheaven, as I think of the word 'playmaker' somewhat differently.

Most folks use that word, and they mean receivers and running backs, but I'm just as likely to see a pass-rushing linebacker or defensive end as a 'playmaker'.

I'm with you with that first receiver... we need to take one shot there, but after that, I leave the bandwagon.

Highly drafted players have to be kept, and that means that good players are frequently jettisoned to keep a guy who isn't ready, and I don't want to do that. I'd be on board with spending a first round pick this year, and then another first or second round pick NEXT year if this year's pick is slow to develop, but I think it'd be a mistake to double up this year.

...and I'm against a top pick on a Running Back, as well... Now, I'd like to take one, but I, personally, wouldn't take one before the third round.

Don’t be so sure Miami would take Pitts if he’s there.

Don’t be so sure Miami would take Pitts if he’s there.
I would... It took awhile for me to talk myself into this, but if we are fixated on taking a receiver, I think he's a safer bet than the WRs... as well as being a unique weapon compared to any other TE in the draft.

Honestly, I'd probably still lean Sewell or Parsons, but if we are going receiver... Pitts would be my choice.

I'm not completely convinced Flo and Grier would do this however. They may be in love with lower tier receiver and be content to wait til later.

I would... It took awhile for me to talk myself into this, but if we are fixated on taking a receiver, I think he's a safer bet than the WRs... as well as being a unique weapon compared to any other TE in the draft.

Honestly, I'd probably still lean Sewell or Parsons, but if we are going receiver... Pitts would be my choice.

I'm not completely convinced Flo and Grier would do this however. They may be in love with lower tier receiver and be content to wait til later.

I get the impression that they don’t rate Skillset guys that high. Thinking about the teams Flo come from in NE. Brady won with Deon Branch and other guys that don’t have a shot at a HOF entry.

Point being, he may value the QB and trench guys above anything else. The thinking being any skillset guy can thrive in there system if the Qb has time and the OL can run block.

I get the impression that they don’t rate Skillset guys that high. Thinking about the teams Flo come from in NE. Brady won with Deon Branch and other guys that don’t have a shot at a HOF entry.

Point being, he may value the QB and trench guys above anything else. The thinking being any skillset guy can thrive in there system if the Qb has time and the OL can run block.
Then Sewell and Parsons will rise.

It'll be interesting. I've said repeatedly that I think the only mistake would be Smith, but even if they take Smith, I will grant that they will be taking some big swings and trying to land a winner.

Let's face it, size, speed, and agility. Let's also mention skill as well. At tight end that would be hard to pass.

I would write Pitt's name in pencil. As with you, I think Grier/Flores probably have a different view of building their team. I wonder what the best way to go about the draft is and if we should treat each pick as an individual pick or perhaps a pairing. For example, let's say we stay pat and pick who is available, take Pitts, and Collins then with our 2nd rounder, take Elijah Moore. Conversely, let's say we targeted two players in the 1st, Pitts and Parsons. We take Pitts at #6 and give up our first 2nd rounder to trade up for Parsons.

is Pitts/Collins/Moore <= Pitts/Parsons ?

Last edited:
Why do the Niners need to smoke screen anything? The first pick is written in sharpie and the 2nd pick is written in pen, so who are the Niners screening?
Who’s to say the Jets aren’t playing games? And really want Fields? There are good reasons to smokescreen unless your locked in on number one overall!

Who’s to say the Jets aren’t playing games? And really want Fields? There are good reasons to smokescreen unless your locked in on number one overall!
I've been calling that for weeks! I fully expect Fielda to go 2!!! If he doesn't I'm just going to laugh and laugh and laugh....

I am 95% convinced that Pitts will be there at 6.

I'm only about 50% convinced that we'd take him.
If Pitts is there at 6, I think whether they draft him or not will depend on if they think they will be able to resign Gesicki after next season. While Gesicki might not be Pitts, he is the best TE the Dolphins have had in the past 2 decades and he has continued to improve each year while with the Dolphins.

Unless the Dolphins plan to use Pitts more as a WR than a TE. I don’t see them drafting him if they think they can resign Gesicki. If they believe that Gesicki will resign, I think they will go WR at 6. If they think they won’t be able to resign him, then I can see Pitts being the pick if he is there at 6.

Exactly what would the Jets gain from the Jets playing games as to who they are going to pick at 2? They aren’t going to trade out of that pick and it doesn’t really matter which QB they take at 2. Because if they do take Fields, the 49er’s will just draft the QB they moved up pick at 3.

The only reason the Jets would be playing games at 2 is if they would actually trade out of that position and that’s not going to happen. It really doesn’t matter which QB they draft at 2 because Lawrence is the only QB in the draft who will be better than mediocre in the NFL.

Last edited:
Exactly what would the Jets gain from the aJets playing games as to who they are going to pick at 2? They aren’t going to trade out of that pick and it doesn’t really matter which QB they take at 2. Because if they do take Fields, the 49er’s will just draft the QB they moved up pick at 3.

The only reason the Jets would be playing games at 2 is if they would actually trade out of that position and that’s not going to happen. It really doesn’t matter which QB they draft at 2 because Lawrence is the only QB in the draft who will be better than mediocre in the NFL.
Nobody knows what anyone is going to do for sure...and yes...spoiler alert...teams do lie and put up smokescreens for many reasons.

If Pitts is there at 6, I think whether they draft him or not will depend on if they think they will be able to resign Gesicki after next season. While Gesicki might not be Pitts, he is the best TE the Dolphins have had in the past 2 decades and he has continued to improve each year while with the Dolphins.

Unless the Dolphins plan to use Pitts more as a WR than a TE. I don’t see them drafting him if they think they can resign Gesicki. If they believe that Gesicki will resign, I think they will go WR at 6. If they think they won’t be able to resign him, then I can see Pitts being the pick if he is there at 6.
Not at all...they will draft him because he’s the most talented receiver in the draft and a unicorn.

Back
Top Bottom