Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts, welcome to South Florida. Falcons will take Field

I guess that means they could also draft Sewell or Surtain because they are also the most talented players at their positions.
By the way, you do realize that the definition of a Unicorn is a mystical creature who resembles a horse and has a horn protruding from its head. I really have no idea how Pitts fits this discription.
When it’s used by football people...they are referring to definition number 2......

“: something unusual, rare, or unique”

When it’s used by football people...they are referring to definition number 2......

“: something unusual, rare, or unique”
I was under the impression he was in fact a magical cryptid.

No longer interested. Humans can be found anywhere in the draft.

What are some of the reasons for the Jets or Niners to put smoke screens out? I am truly asking, because I don’t see anything they have to gain by doing that, but I could most definitely be missing something.
Jets have no reason to put out smoke screens. They can have anyone they want except TL. Unless they want to trade down and miss out on QB, which is unlikely.

which RB would you look at with the 81st pick? Keep in mind we don't pick again till 156........that's 75 players that will go off the board before pick again so if you want to wait till the 81 pick you gotta hope the guy you want will be there unless we trade down for more picks earlier.
Would not take a RB at 81, unless Harris falls.
No DO game plan for RB anymore in today's NFL.

To be fair...making trades is a huge part of the draft process as well. Every team misses on some. Personally I prefer having more picks to increase the odds in our favor.
I agree on getting more picks too but like I said, you still need to hit on those picks. Of course everybody's going to miss on players but all I said was having more picks doesn't make you a better drafter.

Falcons will attend Field second pro day. This telling me Atl is serious about Field. That means QB will go 1234.

Cincy should take Sewell to keep their QB healthy.

Miami is on the clock. You can see Grier picking up the phone calling Pitts.

The falcons are now attending Lance’s 2nd pro day. Are you going to make another thread claiming they’re definitely taking him now?

The falcons are now attending Lance’s 2nd pro day. Are you going to make another thread claiming they’re definitely taking him now?
Lance or Field, either way, they will take a QB. The point of the thread is Pitts to Miami. First grade comprehension. Its not that difficult really.

I agree on getting more picks too but like I said, you still need to hit on those picks. Of course everybody's going to miss on players but all I said was having more picks doesn't make you a better drafter.
Absolutely agree! I would only add this...many here keep saying Grier needs to prove his draft abilities by HITTING on the 1st rounders. My question is...who has he drafted high that’s been a BUST or not an early contributor? Iggy is the only one I can think of, and he looked pretty good later in the season. CB almost always suck their 1st year. X certainly did. Madison and Surtain both looked not very good their 1st year as well. I remember constantly reading on FH how X was a wasted pick during his first year. Not saying Iggy will be as good as X, but these guys need a little more time before we give up on them and make the claim that Grier can’t draft well...IMO.

He makes trades but the picks he takes in rounds 1-3 have been questionable. He hasn’t taken a playmaker yet. Two of our round 1 picks last year were reaches at their spots. He does better at finding value in rounds 4 and on. No issue really w the wheeling he does. But he has to hit on some early round picks that are game changers. The one guy he hit on (Minkah) was gifted to us and lasted 1 season and 5 games. Not Grier’s fault but still. I don’t trust him w the draft capital he accumulates. Iggy Bananas was a total reach. Action Jackson a bit of a reach. Same story every year - eg, Christian Wilkins (nice player) but wasn’t even considered the best DL on that line coming out. R MacMillan was better suited for the game as it was played in the 70’s. Hasn’t hit on a great player yet. I honestly think he clams up and plays it safe.
Agreed! I would trust 90% of the posters here to draft over Grier

Great article on Pitts, FWIW. Good read.

Lance or Field, either way, they will take a QB. The point of the thread is Pitts to Miami. First grade comprehension. Its not that difficult really.

Then shouldn’t your title read “Falcons likely to take a QB.” Instead? So apparently it was difficult.

I hope we take Pitts but your thread title was either poorly worded or click bait.

I'm less sold on the need to take offensive backs than most of Finheaven, as I think of the word 'playmaker' somewhat differently.

Most folks use that word, and they mean receivers and running backs, but I'm just as likely to see a pass-rushing linebacker or defensive end as a 'playmaker'.

I'm with you with that first receiver... we need to take one shot there, but after that, I leave the bandwagon.

Highly drafted players have to be kept, and that means that good players are frequently jettisoned to keep a guy who isn't ready, and I don't want to do that. I'd be on board with spending a first round pick this year, and then another first or second round pick NEXT year if this year's pick is slow to develop, but I think it'd be a mistake to double up this year.

...and I'm against a top pick on a Running Back, as well... Now, I'd like to take one, but I, personally, wouldn't take one before the third round.
Yeah I don’t consider RB a play making position anymore and agree on a LB or edge being just as much of a playmaker as a WR or great TE.

Back
Top Bottom