Plan For Success.. Trust Gase! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plan For Success.. Trust Gase!

humungus_speech.jpg

Just walk away!

LOL, I'm with you. Continuity beats impulse firing nearly always in the NFL. Jets, Dolphins and Bills are like McDonalds, Burger King and Arbys compared to the Pats or Steelers.

Our collective psyches are diminished and in constant flux. I even can't help but think that the NFL will be banned somehow by the time these plans come to fruition.

It may actually be a good one-year solution, especially if Miami doesn't have to give up anything. This is not the draft to spend a high pick on a quarterback and the team needs someone to bridge the gap until the 2020 draft. Eli Manning wouldn't be my first choice, but it could work short-term.

To build a competitive team under the salary cap, three things have to happen:
  1. Add a good, young QB to an established line-up.
  2. Perform salary cap magic and get pieces around a franchise QB.
  3. Have good coaching.
The Dolphins are lacking in all three departments, IMO.

I agree with your assessment of where the team is at. Could be alot worse than 5-4 for sure. I'm very much in favor of giving any coach a chance to work things out, e.g. multiple years. This is year 3 with Gase. If this was 1962 then yes he needs more time. In modern times we sometimes see coaches come in and have success pretty quickly so i'm frankly not sure about the longevity thing right now. 3 years seems like enough time in 2018, but he's had some tough hands dealt as well, some self induced.

It's very simple. The thing about common sense is, it isn't so common. Dolphin fans are pessimists by nature. It's a perfectionism type problem.

Building a dynasty takes time. It doesn't happen over night. We got rid of four pro-bowlers in Pouncey, Landry, Suh, and Ajayi. That is a very big blow to any locker room in just a year. It needed to be done, even though I liked watching Juice on Sundays.

Always aim to win and plan for the future. This is how to make a deep seeded roster that can produce. We are still above .500 at 5-4 with Tannehill out, Sitton, Wilson headed to the IR. A Robert Quinn who lost his mojo. A rare fossil in Gore who is our stater at running back. A disgruntled Reshad Jones who is clearly upset that he may be a cap casualty next year. Parker who is made of glass. There are much more if you want to keep going.

The plan is to keep building the defense because defense always wins championships. Tannehill is a good QB, but needs an All-Pro oline to be successful. A Dallas Cowboy line. Which we are far from. Tannehill cannot elude pressure. This is his Kryptonite. That is why we need Eli Manning next year. He is not washed. Eli Manning knows they are going in a different direction and lost faith and confidence in the Giants organization. The Giants have a far worse o-line than Miami so we will look like a brick wall for him.

People will complain and say I'm a lost soul and delusional, but hear me out. Gase turned his big brother Peyton Manning to having his best career years in Denver after having his next fused back together. Peyton Manning and Dan Marino were spotted sitting together at the Bears game. Who knows what they were talking about. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have a weakness in Eli Manning. Which is a big bonus because he is clutch in the Playoffs. Plus if we draft a QB in 2020 he can sit behind Eli a future Hall of Famer and 2x Super Bowl champion and learn the ropes like Farve and Rodger/ Smith and Mahomes. Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson would be perfect. (In my opinion) We would have to trade up for him, but Kansas City did it with Mahomes and look how it turned out.

Plus if Denver keeps loosing, Vance Joseph will be fired. Which he can have a reunion with Gase. Which we all shouldn't mind at all.

The goal is to build a dynasty football team. Ross has clearly stated he wants to win Super Bowls (plural).

What do you believe is the best course of action do accomplish this task?

I can't stand being average. It messes with my gut.

"I bleed aqua and orange". - T. Mash.

I'd trust him a lot more if he had a real OC

If we did not give Philbin more than 3yrs. Why would you give Gase more than 3yrs.?
Apart from the fact it was pretty clear Philbin had lost the locker room?
Or didn't have a winning season in Miami?
Or didn't seem to have any vision?
Or didn't suffer any season ending injury to his starting QB?

Other than those, I can't think of any.

I was with you until the Eli part. Unless he comes at half the price of Tannehill no thanks. And why would we bring Vance back, our Def wasn't good when he was here, and isnt good with his understudy. Hopefully when Todd Bowles is fired we pick him up at DC.

As a franchise you have to start making wise decisions to build for the future. A wise man builds his house on stone, but a foolish man builds his house on sand. Fitzpatick was a very smart move. Him and Howard will grow together nicely for years to come. As well as Baker and Mcmillan. They both will develop great chemistry since they both played in college together. Harris needs to befriend the Watt brothers this offseason. We need to keep building the defense. A lot of great defensive lineman in the draft in 2019 draft. Cut Andre Branch and Robert Quinn and try and use that money on a lockdown corner. Patrick Peterson wants out of Arizona. Imagine Howard and Peterson on the boundaries and Fitzpatrick at Free Safety with McCain in the slot. If Jones stays that would be the best defensive secondary in the NFL. Use the 1st and 2nd round picks on DE and DT. If Vance Joseph does get fired you have to at least entertain the idea. With Eli at QB in Miami we can at least make the wildcard and we all know what happens when Eli is in the playoffs. Amendola is clutch as well. Tunsil will develop even more with Sitton coming back. Still don't put my cards on Sitton just yet. His body has some wear and tear on it. I just don't think Gase will bring back J. James next year. He is a liability at times unless we get him on a good deal. Look at the Patriots o-line the majority of those guys are on cheap deals. Geiski has to put on weight in the offseason, he looks way to skinny out there.

Last edited:
If we did not give Philbin more than 3yrs. Why would you give Gase more than 3yrs.?

Who are we going to give more than 3 years to?

This instant gratification thing this forum is looking for... you guys gotta get over it. You think we really have a chance of fixing decades worth of bad drafts in 3 years?

Are we going to continue to reset every 3 years in a never ending cycle of instability? Hot off the presses: It's. Not. Working.

I'm not content with Gase but he seems to keep us fighting despite misfortunes of epic proportions.

It's time to marry someone for better or worse, till dafting a new QB tear us part.

I wouldn’t mind betting that Giants fans would trade Manning for Tannehill in a heartbeat!

I live in NYC area and they are constantly killing him and can’t wait to get him out of town.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or should I say the grass is always greener....

This instant gratification thing this forum is looking for... you guys gotta get over it. You think we really have a chance of fixing decades worth of bad drafts in 3 years?

Are we going to continue to reset every 3 years in a never ending cycle of instability? Hot off the presses: It's. Not. Working.

I'm not content with Gase but he seems to keep us fighting despite misfortunes of epic proportions.

It's time to marry someone for better or worse, till dafting a new QB tear us part.
Don't tell me...you wouldn't mind seeing another 6-7 years to prove that he's good enough to lead us to the playoff...at his best?

Amirite?

Not sure what kind of impact Eli would have in Miami, I feel like the system he is in doesn't fit him.
Maybe he still has something left. Maybe Peyton would push him a little to come to Miami and at least "kick the tires" I just cant believe he has declined. His pedigree says different.
Peyton declined due to Injuries, that isn't true for Eli.

Anyways nothing would please me more than to see Tom Brady's arch nemesis join the AFC East in a Miami Dolphin uniform.
That could motivate Tom to retire.

Chad Pennington had a terrific year he

We still have fans like this. It's astonishing.

Back
Top Bottom