Plan For Success.. Trust Gase! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plan For Success.. Trust Gase!

Don't tell me...you wouldn't mind seeing another 6-7 years to prove that he's good enough to lead us to the playoff...at his best?

Amirite?

I mind seeing another SECOND of this playcalling.

You guys are not understanding. This is not something I want to happen. It's something that has to happen.

You have to let him draft his QB. He needs more time. The next coach will need more time too.

You're too good for the playoffs, ay? Lol

You guys crack me up. You act so privleged, as if we deserve to be a Super Bowl team in a 3 year turn around after the a$$ backwards way this organization has been run for decades. Ya make me laugh.

And crown whatever coach you will, yet again, boo in 3 years. Ain't no coach doing nothing without a QB.

If we did not give Philbin more than 3yrs. Why would you give Gase more than 3yrs.?

Didn't Philbin get a contract extension after the Vikings game.....then proceeded to get fired in his 4th year?

I mind seeing another SECOND of this playcalling.

You guys are not understanding. This is not something I want to happen. It's something that has to happen.

You have to let him draft his QB. He needs more time. The next coach will need more time too.

You're too good for the playoffs, ay? Lol

You guys crack me up. You act so privleged, as if we deserve to be a Super Bowl team in a 3 year turn around after the a$$ backwards way this organization has been run for decades. Ya make me laugh.

And crown whatever coach you will, yet again, boo in 3 years. Ain't no coach doing nothing without a QB.
Draft his quarterback? Nah...I pass. He came here expressly for the chance to work with Tannehill. That time is ticking away at light speed. I've gotten all I can out of the experience...I'm done. The next coach will have the grace period associated with drafting a new QB...hopefully, that will be soon after the forth coming '19 season when we go 7-9, 8-8...9-7 (at best).

Playoffs...it would be nice. The problem is that you seem to aspire to be in the playoffs...as if you died the next day after we made the playoffs you'd be happy. My problem with Gase is his ineptitude handling players (blame game), hiring coaches (running out of players to blame so now it's the coaches turn), terrible playcalling (supposedly his forte').

That said, making the playoffs is great...but making it looking like a smoking jet guided by a drunk airline pilot is not how I envisioned it taking place.

Didn't Philbin get a contract extension after the Vikings game.....then proceeded to get fired in his 4th year?
If you want to get in to semantics...:rolleyes:

Philbin was fired by the Dolphins after starting a 1–3 start to the 2015 season. - But like I said we did not give Philbin a true 4th yr.

Who are we going to give more than 3 years to?

This instant gratification thing this forum is looking for... you guys gotta get over it. You think we really have a chance of fixing decades worth of bad drafts in 3 years?

Are we going to continue to reset every 3 years in a never ending cycle of instability? Hot off the presses: It's. Not. Working.

I'm not content with Gase but he seems to keep us fighting despite misfortunes of epic proportions.

It's time to marry someone for better or worse, till dafting a new QB tear us part.
Well let's see Adam Gase went 10-6 his 1st yr. Then 6-10 in his second. Then this year he is 5-4. Do you see improvement ? I don't. And don't use the excuse about injuries. Every team has injuries and good teams persevere. Have the moves he has made improved the team. No. He is just a boy who has never grew up and pisses and moans when things don't go his way.

Last edited:
Apart from the fact it was pretty clear Philbin had lost the locker room?
Or didn't have a winning season in Miami?
Or didn't seem to have any vision?
Or didn't suffer any season ending injury to his starting QB?

Other than those, I can't think of any.
Kinda sounds like Gase.:up:

He is just a boy who has never grown-up and pisses and moans when things don't go his way.

How am I supposed to take you seriously with a statement like that, DK?

Always aim to win and plan for the future.

Exactly. The Dolphins hurt themselves by winning now...if they never win another game they will always have the possibility of winning a bunch of games in the future..

It's very simple. The thing about common sense is, it isn't so common. Dolphin fans are pessimists by nature. It's a perfectionism type problem.

Building a dynasty takes time. It doesn't happen over night. We got rid of four pro-bowlers in Pouncey, Landry, Suh, and Ajayi. That is a very big blow to any locker room in just a year. It needed to be done, even though I liked watching Juice on Sundays.

Always aim to win and plan for the future. This is how to make a deep seeded roster that can produce. We are still above .500 at 5-4 with Tannehill out, Sitton, Wilson headed to the IR. A Robert Quinn who lost his mojo. A rare fossil in Gore who is our stater at running back. A disgruntled Reshad Jones who is clearly upset that he may be a cap casualty next year. Parker who is made of glass. There are much more if you want to keep going.

The plan is to keep building the defense because defense always wins championships. Tannehill is a good QB, but needs an All-Pro oline to be successful. A Dallas Cowboy line. Which we are far from. Tannehill cannot elude pressure. This is his Kryptonite. That is why we need Eli Manning next year. He is not washed. Eli Manning knows they are going in a different direction and lost faith and confidence in the Giants organization. The Giants have a far worse o-line than Miami so we will look like a brick wall for him.

People will complain and say I'm a lost soul and delusional, but hear me out. Gase turned his big brother Peyton Manning to having his best career years in Denver after having his next fused back together. Peyton Manning and Dan Marino were spotted sitting together at the Bears game. Who knows what they were talking about. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have a weakness in Eli Manning. Which is a big bonus because he is clutch in the Playoffs. Plus if we draft a QB in 2020 he can sit behind Eli a future Hall of Famer and 2x Super Bowl champion and learn the ropes like Farve and Rodger/ Smith and Mahomes. Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson would be perfect. (In my opinion) We would have to trade up for him, but Kansas City did it with Mahomes and look how it turned out.

Plus if Denver keeps loosing, Vance Joseph will be fired. Which he can have a reunion with Gase. Which we all shouldn't mind at all.

The goal is to build a dynasty football team. Ross has clearly stated he wants to win Super Bowls (plural).

What do you believe is the best course of action do accomplish this task?

I can't stand being average. It messes with my gut.

"I bleed aqua and orange". - T. Mash.

Hey T, after reading this post, i'm not sure how much you really trust Mr Gase and his Process. But maybe its the narcotics I am sucking down that is affecting my comprehension. So anyway how bout boiling it down to a base point.

First I would like to exclude the following as excuses/reasons, Nibiru, The Yellowstone Caldera, The Great Meteor of Death, The Ring Of Fire, An extinction CME, The Zombie Apocalypse, Armageddon, More Injuries, Another Hurricane, Getting a play calling O.C., Getting A New D.C., getting a new Q.B ETC.

So, now the question. Judging by the Phins current Trajectory, how many more years counting from today, should Mr. Gase be given?

The Ever Bleary Eyed VIPER

humungus_speech.jpg

Just walk away!

LOL, I'm with you. Continuity beats impulse firing nearly always in the NFL. Jets, Dolphins and Bills are like McDonalds, Burger King and Arbys compared to the Pats or Steelers.

Our collective psyches are diminished and in constant flux. I even can't help but think that the NFL will be banned somehow by the time these plans come to fruition.
Under no circumstances do I want Eli here. Not for a year, not for a brunch.

What would be the upside?

I would rather take a flyer on a young guy for a year, and damn the consequences.

Back
Top Bottom