Plan For Success.. Trust Gase! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plan For Success.. Trust Gase!

How am I supposed to take you seriously with a statement like that, DK?
Actually, I can see where DK us coming from.

Gase was not "ready" for a head coaching gig. He had virtually zero experience running anything, let alone an NFL franchise. Aside from being a QB coach under alpha personality HCs, he didn't have much of a resume.

Now, I am getting the impression that he isn't as involved with the overall team philosophy as he should be. Seriously Gase? You hire a very green DC, then you don't oversee the installation of your own philosophy?

It's very simple. The thing about common sense is, it isn't so common. Dolphin fans are pessimists by nature. It's a perfectionism type problem.

Building a dynasty takes time. It doesn't happen over night. We got rid of four pro-bowlers in Pouncey, Landry, Suh, and Ajayi. That is a very big blow to any locker room in just a year. It needed to be done, even though I liked watching Juice on Sundays.

Always aim to win and plan for the future. This is how to make a deep seeded roster that can produce. We are still above .500 at 5-4 with Tannehill out, Sitton, Wilson headed to the IR. A Robert Quinn who lost his mojo. A rare fossil in Gore who is our stater at running back. A disgruntled Reshad Jones who is clearly upset that he may be a cap casualty next year. Parker who is made of glass. There are much more if you want to keep going.

The plan is to keep building the defense because defense always wins championships. Tannehill is a good QB, but needs an All-Pro oline to be successful. A Dallas Cowboy line. Which we are far from. Tannehill cannot elude pressure. This is his Kryptonite. That is why we need Eli Manning next year. He is not washed. Eli Manning knows they are going in a different direction and lost faith and confidence in the Giants organization. The Giants have a far worse o-line than Miami so we will look like a brick wall for him.

People will complain and say I'm a lost soul and delusional, but hear me out. Gase turned his big brother Peyton Manning to having his best career years in Denver after having his next fused back together. Peyton Manning and Dan Marino were spotted sitting together at the Bears game. Who knows what they were talking about. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have a weakness in Eli Manning. Which is a big bonus because he is clutch in the Playoffs. Plus if we draft a QB in 2020 he can sit behind Eli a future Hall of Famer and 2x Super Bowl champion and learn the ropes like Farve and Rodger/ Smith and Mahomes. Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson would be perfect. (In my opinion) We would have to trade up for him, but Kansas City did it with Mahomes and look how it turned out.

Plus if Denver keeps loosing, Vance Joseph will be fired. Which he can have a reunion with Gase. Which we all shouldn't mind at all.

The goal is to build a dynasty football team. Ross has clearly stated he wants to win Super Bowls (plural).

What do you believe is the best course of action do accomplish this task?

I can't stand being average. It messes with my gut.

"I bleed aqua and orange". - T. Mash.

HELL NO. I was actually alive when we had a dynasty and Gase is so far from that reality its mind boggling. He’s the worst kind of leader—a micromanaging, control freak, who holds grudges and is divisive. Shula was a great leader and was very tough, but he was a uniter, not a divider. Gase is at best an avg coach and his .500 record proves it. You are what your record says you are. Can’t stand him because I’ve seen what real coaching looks like.

HELL NO. I was actually alive when we had a dynasty and Gase is so far from that reality its mind boggling. He’s the worst kind of leader—a micromanaging, control freak, who holds grudges and is divisive. Shula was a great leader and was very tough, but he was a uniter, not a divider. Gase is at best an avg coach and his .500 record proves it. You are what your record says you are. Can’t stand him because I’ve seen what real coaching looks like.
The only thing I see him micromanaging is the offensive skilled positions. Other than that, I see very little management at all.

Draft his quarterback? Nah...I pass. He came here expressly for the chance to work with Tannehill. That time is ticking away at light speed. I've gotten all I can out of the experience...I'm done. The next coach will have the grace period associated with drafting a new QB...hopefully, that will be soon after the forth coming '19 season when we go 7-9, 8-8...9-7 (at best).

Playoffs...it would be nice. The problem is that you seem to aspire to be in the playoffs...as if you died the next day after we made the playoffs you'd be happy. My problem with Gase is his ineptitude handling players (blame game), hiring coaches (running out of players to blame so now it's the coaches turn), terrible playcalling (supposedly his forte').

That said, making the playoffs is great...but making it looking like a smoking jet guided by a drunk airline pilot is not how I envisioned it taking place.

He came here because he was hired.

And if it was for RT, it was for an RT this organization had already gotten trampled. (Is any one here truly surprised that Tannehill is breaking down? 213 sacks from 2012-2016 second only to Ben Roth.)

There is no such thing as a grace period with yall. Next coach comes in, wrong QB is taken- the pitchforks haven't even had a chance to collect dust before, "FIRE EVERYONE! NEW REGIME! HIRE DAN MARINO!"

So, once again, new philosophies, new schemes, new players, new culture, new coach speak BS that you all will be smitten with day one and then be calling a whiner by year 2 and it's back to square 1. All. Over. Again.

I get it. Let's hire 3 coaches a decade until we hit the lottery. Okay. Lets do that. That doesn't sound like insanity at all (that's sarcasm btw).

Ineptitude has an inept DC and very ept injuries to key players at 5 and 4.

Blame game? No idea what you mean.

Hiring coaches? Lost once again.

Terrible playcalling? Worst I've seen.

Yes I only aspire to make the playoffs during the reg season. It's an pretty important step to only aspiring to make a SB (not that we're equipped to).
Getting in means a chance no matter how bad your team is. Not getting in... eh... I'm sure you know by now... ehhhh... NO CHANCE.

"looking like a smoking jet guided by a drunk airline pilot" is one of many definitions for this entire organization for decades now.

You don't hire a head coach every 3 years hoping to hit the lotto. You draft a first day QB every year hoping to hit the lotto.

Hire any coach your pitter-pattering heart desires. He won't be **** without a QB.

TL: DR

But no you don't trust Gase with anything.

LOL...exactly...many Gase disciples here are guilty of "misplaced trust" - willing to either praise, stomach or trust decisions (in many case stupid ones) by an unproven, apparently clueless coach just because "he's our coach, man". At this point, I wouldn't trust Gase to manage a lemonade stand.

The only thing I see him micromanaging is the offensive skilled positions. Other than that, I see very little management at all.

He hired an o-coordinator for what? Why? Because he was forced to. He doesn’t call plays, isn’t instrumental in the game plan, he’s just a figurehead. Gase sitting by himself on bench looking at his clipboard, being blown out by the Lions was all I needed to see. The problem isn’t on the clipboard you idiot, it’s in the mirror. No consultation with his o staff? That’s a micro manager.

He came here because he was hired.

And if it was for RT, it was for an RT this organization had already gotten trampled. (Is any one here truly surprised that Tannehill is breaking down? 213 sacks from 2012-2016 second only to Ben Roth.)

There is no such thing as a grace period with yall. Next coach comes in, wrong QB is taken- the pitchforks haven't even had a chance to collect dust before, "FIRE EVERYONE! NEW REGIME! HIRE DAN MARINO!"

So, once again, new philosophies, new schemes, new players, new culture, new coach speak BS that you all will be smitten with day one and then be calling a whiner by year 2 and it's back to square 1. All. Over. Again.

I get it. Let's hire 3 coaches a decade until we hit the lottery. Okay. Lets do that. That doesn't sound like insanity at all (that's sarcasm btw).

Ineptitude has an inept DC and very ept injuries to key players at 5 and 4.

Blame game? No idea what you mean.

Hiring coaches? Lost once again.

Terrible playcalling? Worst I've seen.

Yes I only aspire to make the playoffs during the reg season. It's an pretty important step to only aspiring to make a SB (not that we're equipped to).
Getting in means a chance no matter how bad your team is. Not getting in... eh... I'm sure you know by now... ehhhh... NO CHANCE.

"looking like a smoking jet guided by a drunk airline pilot" is one of many definitions for this entire organization for decades now.

You don't hire a head coach every 3 years hoping to hit the lotto. You draft a first day QB every year hoping to hit the lotto.

Hire any coach your pitter-pattering heart desires. He won't be **** without a QB.

Define "insanity"...

Once you do that...tell me any marked differences between Philbin and Gase.

SN: If you throw out that 10-6 season as your main point, I may block you.

He was fired after his 4th game because we have morons not only on the coaching staff, but in the FO as well.

But by that simple fact your post was wrong. Philbin got more than 3 years here. He got 4 offseasons in Miami to try to build the team.

People say you shouldn't change coaches because than there is a new vision for the team. I don't exactly see that Gase has a vision for this team. What exactly is this team's identity? Is there any one thing that this team does extremely well?

People say you shouldn't change coaches because than there is a new vision for the team. I don't exactly see that Gase has a vision for this team. What exactly is this team's identity? Is there any one thing that this team does extremely well?

Somehow having a winning record when it shouldn't.

OP lost me lumping Ajayi in with Landry and Suh as perennial pro bowlers. Nobody here is saying things happen overnight. Bad talent evaluation by front office, constant poor playcalling by Gase doesn't help. I honestly don't think our record would be any different even if Suh, Landy and Ajayi were still here.

I wouldn’t mind Eli if he’s simply a caretaker for a 1st round QB.

Would be a nice case scenario if Tanne restructures and an Eli or a Flacco comes in- let camp sort that out.

We sell 2021 for a 2020 QB.

Realistically, you have to give Gase another 3 years.

At this point, even if we lose the remainder of our games, I’m convinced you have to give some coach much more time than 3 years.

You have to Marvin Lewis marry someone to build a franchise because you’re never going to build one cleaning house on a consistent 3 year cycle. It’s just not going to happen that way.

I’d like Gase to hand over OC to someone else and unless there is a drastic change in defensive scheme going forward, Burke has to go.

As much as many want Gase out, I din’t think it’s in our best interest to start over ONCE AGAIN.

Would be nice to have an owner that would step in and insist Gase concentrate on being a HC and bring in an OC Gase can work with.

Another 3 years and also give up OC duties? You gotta be nuts. He was hired as a "QB whisperer" "offensive genius", and you are advocating pulling one of the few things he supposedly does well. That is a sign of desperation to hold onto a coach in spite of results. But I can't be shocked, you people excuse his ineptitude at picking and mentoring and whispering into back QBs ears.

This narrative is just plan loco. 3 more years...I said he would get til 2020, 2021 is a bridge to far. May be a bridge for the millennial generation to embrace moving forward.

I'm way way way more down on our front office than on Gase - just get rid of Burke - who shouldn't have been coaching our defense to begin with.

Actually, I can see where DK us coming from.

Gase was not "ready" for a head coaching gig. He had virtually zero experience running anything, let alone an NFL franchise. Aside from being a QB coach under alpha personality HCs, he didn't have much of a resume.

Now, I am getting the impression that he isn't as involved with the overall team philosophy as he should be. Seriously Gase? You hire a very green DC, then you don't oversee the installation of your own philosophy?

That makes sense. And it seems he just recently took interest in Burke's responsibilities (a little late).

From that perspective, I can see why he may appear or may very well be in over his head.

Ok. Then I ask this forum to STFU with the next guy for at least 5 years. This organization, up and down, is a clusterfk. It won't be fixed in 3 years ESPECIALLY losing continuity and having to start all over again with new schemes and philosophies.

Envision the responsibilities at you jobs changing every 3 years, gentlemen. Imagine having to unlearn and learn anew all over again. Tell me that sounds like a winning situation for you.

As I've said, I am not defending Gase. I, too, am not happy with the guy. I get the feeling many you think I'm a Gase apologist. Lol Far from.

I'm merely more for continuity and potential growth with the DEVIL WE KNOW as opposed to starting from zero with THE DEVIL WE DONT.

Back
Top Bottom