Plan For Success.. Trust Gase! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plan For Success.. Trust Gase!

Define "insanity"...

Once you do that...tell me any marked differences between Philbin and Gase.

SN: If you throw out that 10-6 season as your main point, I may block you.

Block me.

I don't respond well to threats and I'm trying to refrain myself from calling you an absolute moron (oops) for making such a statement when we are merely having a conversation.

People say you shouldn't change coaches because than there is a new vision for the team. I don't exactly see that Gase has a vision for this team. What exactly is this team's identity? Is there any one thing that this team does extremely well?

Your selling the team short. We're all-pros at short passes and injuries.

That makes sense. And it seems he just recently took interest in Burke's responsibilities (a little late).

From that perspective, I can see why he may appear or may very well be in over his head.

Ok. Then I ask this forum to STFU with the next guy for at least 5 years. This organization, up and down, is a clusterfk. It won't be fixed in 3 years ESPECIALLY losing continuity and having to start all over again with new schemes and philosophies.

Envision the responsibilities at you jobs changing every 3 years, gentlemen. Imagine having to unlearn and learn anew all over again. Tell me that sounds like a winning situation for you.

As I've said, I am not defending Gase. I, too, am not happy with the guy. I get the feeling many you think I'm a Gase apologist. Lol Far from.

I'm merely more for continuity and potential growth with the DEVIL WE KNOW as opposed to starting from zero with THE DEVIL WE DONT.

The problem with that is sometimes you don't need more than 3 years to see where the arrow is pointing. Gase mishandles situations (jettisoning players with no plan, QB stupidity, pretending the oline is going to fix itself, etc) then people use those as excuses for why it's not going well instead of blaming him for the failures and acting accordingly.

He's not a head coach. Not yet, if ever. Another questionable hire from Ross with predictable results.

Define "insanity"...

Once you do that...tell me any marked differences between Philbin and Gase.

SN: If you throw out that 10-6 season as your main point, I may block you.
So, we're not allowed point out winning seasons and playoff berths as differences? Well that makes perfect sense!

The problem with that is sometimes you don't need more than 3 years to see where the arrow is pointing. Gase mishandles situations (jettisoning players with no plan, QB stupidity, pretending the oline is going to fix itself, etc) then people use those as excuses for why it's not going well instead of blaming him for the failures and acting accordingly.

He's not a head coach. Not yet, if ever. Another questionable hire from Ross with predictable results.

I’d love to know what these supposed “schemes and philosophies” are.

This team has zero identity under Gase. Zero. What, are we going to have to teach the next QB to take a snap from under center? Maybe the next coach will have to teach our WRs to actually run patterns, instead of just turning their heads when the ball is snapped (you know, to see the WR screen coming their way).

Was he successful?

What does that matter? you said "If we did not give Philbin more than 3yrs. Why would you give Gase more than 3yrs.?"

Philbin basically had 4 years here. And Gase is a much better coach than Philbin. So not really sure what tree you're barking up

Plus if Denver keeps loosing, Vance Joseph will be fired. Which he can have a reunion with Gase. Which we all shouldn't mind at all.

I MIND. Vance Joseph took a Broncos top 5 defense and totally messed it up. Why can't we get a REAL Defensive coordinator like a Jack Del Rio or something.

And you want Eli Manning just because he can beat New England? Have you seen him play recently? He is an interception machine regardless of O-Line play.

This is your master plan to build a dynasty? ?? SMFckngH

Are you sure about that?

I think Gase is a better coach than Philbin. I think there is a pretty wide margin there. If Gase is fired, I won't complain too loudly, but he won't be fired. Look at the injury report for this team. Look at the IR list. It's absolutely insane. I don't know how you can fire Gase after this, in all honesty.

I think the most scrutiny right now will be reserved for Mr. Sports Science, Milkshake Mike Tannenbaum.

Well let's see Adam Gase went 10-6 his 1st yr. Then 6-10 in his second. Then this year he is 5-4. Do you see improvement ? I don't. And don't use the excuse about injuries. Every team has injuries and good teams persevere. Have the moves he has made improved the team. No. He is just a boy who has never grew up and pisses and moans when things don't go his way.

Just... no...

That makes sense. And it seems he just recently took interest in Burke's responsibilities (a little late).

From that perspective, I can see why he may appear or may very well be in over his head.

Ok. Then I ask this forum to STFU with the next guy for at least 5 years. This organization, up and down, is a clusterfk. It won't be fixed in 3 years ESPECIALLY losing continuity and having to start all over again with new schemes and philosophies.

Envision the responsibilities at you jobs changing every 3 years, gentlemen. Imagine having to unlearn and learn anew all over again. Tell me that sounds like a winning situation for you.

As I've said, I am not defending Gase. I, too, am not happy with the guy. I get the feeling many you think I'm a Gase apologist. Lol Far from.

I'm merely more for continuity and potential growth with the DEVIL WE KNOW as opposed to starting from zero with THE DEVIL WE DONT.

Yet, somehow Doug Pederson had no problem having complete success, turning a team around & winning the Super Bowl after 1 year as coach.

Just saw John Harbaugh will be gone from Ravens after 2019 season....I say we roll with Gase for another inept year, get Harbaugh and let him pick a QB in 2020 draft.

Just saw John Harbaugh will be gone from Ravens after 2019 season....I say we roll with Gase for another inept year, get Harbaugh and let him pick a QB in 2020 draft.

After the 2019 season? How can you tell your coach "I'm firing you... after NEXT season?"

Not even Mike Brown would do that.

After the 2019 season? How can you tell your coach "I'm firing you... after NEXT season?"

Not even Mike Brown would do that.

No...they don't tell Gase....just let him busy himself with his nose in his playsheet, drawing up powerpoints, etc. and letting him continue thru 2019 (firing him towards the tail end of 19 or after the season....during last 1/3 of season with an interim would be preferable) and moving on Harbaugh.

What I'm saying is the FO should start planning based on Harbaugh's almost sure availability (well, unless another team gets him which would be our luck) to be ready to move on and make a play for him for 2020 season (hiring him asap after '19 season).

Obviously if some miracle occurs and we pull it together next year with a very respectable season/playoff run then it wouldn't happen but the odds don't seem to favor that.

If you think he's in over his head then there would be no reason for him to continue in the role here. You make no sense.

If you believe that he is indeed over his head, you would be a fool to leave him and let him learn on the fly - at your organizations expense. You fire him and he learns how to become a head coach elsewhere or becomes a coordinator again until he's ready to take the jump to head coaching. I can't believe someone would say keep him just for the sake of continuity - if you don't think he's capable of doing the job.

Being a Dolphin fan makes people go crazy.

Back
Top Bottom