Play calling on both sides of the ball... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Play calling on both sides of the ball...

That ”smaller” program has at least 25 players on active NFL rosters. Though they're not as good a program In terms of rankings as years past, they consistently populate NFL rosters with talent. Very poor take on your part.
I thought it was a joke. Then I was shocked when it wasn't. The Huskies were in the Rose Bowl two years ago, the Fiesta Bowl three years ago, and the playoffs semifinal against Alabama four years ago. Fifteen Rose Bowl appearances. Co-national champion with the Canes in 1991, with one of the all-time dominant college football defenses.

But it demonstrates that the Pac 12 nowadays basically doesn't exist to east coast fans, other than the occasional glamour team. It's very strange because when I was a kid the Pac 8 was every bit as famous and well known in the east as the Big Ten or SEC or other major conferences. Every week on ABC you'd have an early game from east or midwest, then the late afternoon or evening doubleheader game from the Pac 8. Those were colorful awesome games. The entire country got to know guys like Gary Beban and O.J. Simpson and Jim Plunkett, etc. Week after week after week. All Heisman trophy winners within span of a few years. It's one of the few examples of increased programming and availability in this era combining to make the public less informed in a specific area instead of more informed.

You'd think with the amount of networks airing games now- SEC N, Big 10, 3 or so ESPN channels plus the standard CBS and ABC, and DVR's, people out on the east coast would know a little more about those west coast teams.
When I have time, I record some of those 10pm USC, Washington, Stanford or whoever games just to get a glimpse of those teams.
For all the draftniks on here, you'd think they'd want to get to know those players. The technology and channel availability is mainstream now. I realize the SEC is more fun, but still, there are players out there worth watching.

I think you'll see Perry active for the Rams game.

Chan Gailey had been retired and probably needed to shake off some rust. Josh Boyer ist a first-time DC. there was always going to be growing pains and there will be some more coming up. Andy Reid and the Chiefs will be quite an experience for Boyer, for example.

but they both took strides and improved their play calling, especially situationally. that's all you can really ask for as of now.

I thought it was a joke. Then I was shocked when it wasn't. The Huskies were in the Rose Bowl two years ago, the Fiesta Bowl three years ago, and the playoffs semifinal against Alabama four years ago. Fifteen Rose Bowl appearances. Co-national champion with the Canes in 1991, with one of the all-time dominant college football defenses.

But it demonstrates that the Pac 12 nowadays basically doesn't exist to east coast fans, other than the occasional glamour team. It's very strange because when I was a kid the Pac 8 was every bit as famous and well known in the east as the Big Ten or SEC or other major conferences. Every week on ABC you'd have an early game from east or midwest, then the late afternoon or evening doubleheader game from the Pac 8. Those were colorful awesome games. The entire country got to know guys like Gary Beban and O.J. Simpson and Jim Plunkett, etc. Week after week after week. All Heisman trophy winners within span of a few years. It's one of the few examples of increased programming and availability in this era combining to make the public less informed in a specific area instead of more informed.

they also don’t get much coverage nationwide simply bc the PAC 12 hasn’t been that good for awhile now.

Name the backs that came out of Washington?

Corey Dillon and Napolean Kaufman were great backs.

I don't know about everybody else, but if I'm looking for DB's that translate to the NFL - the Huskies are one of the first programs I'll look at. Jimmy Lake doesn't recruit DB's to Washington unless he believes they can play in the NFL. He uses the same recruiting process for DB's that Saban does and he's attended many of Saban's clinics.

Saban has tried to hire him as DC twice.

Great back-up! Now get me the guy that does all of that and takes it to the house.
IDK man, Gaskin seems to be getting better. I'm getting more and more comfortable with him. Sure he isn't Ricky Williams but damn I think the kid is improving every week to the point where the touchdowns will eventually come.

Last edited:
Corey Dillon and Napolean Kaufman were great backs.

I don't know about everybody else, but if I'm looking for DB's that translate to the NFL - the Huskies are one of the first programs I'll look at. Jimmy Lake doesn't recruit DB's to Washington unless he believes they can play in the NFL. He uses the same recruiting process for DB's that Saban does and he's attended many of Saban's clinics.

Saban has tried to hire him as DC twice.

Fine! Fine! I may have exaggerated a tad bit by calling "UDub" a smaller program.

Apologies all around.

Yikes! Napolean Kaufman. I haven't heard that name in ages.

Fine! Fine! I may have exaggerated a tad bit by calling "UDub" a smaller program.

Apologies all around.

Yikes! Napolean Kaufman. I haven't heard that name in ages.
I’ll forgive you this time. It can be expected with the way they do it now some pac12 games don’t get over Tell close to midnight local time. I’m a huskies fan and it seems like half there games start at 7 pm pacific time. And don’t forget one of the best huskies of all time Warren Moon.

Early on my complaints this season on Gailey were in regards to red zone playcalling. This has significantly improved the last 2 weeks with 3 great schemed TDs (honestly there should have been a 4th to Cox but Fitz instead tried to force a ball to Smythe which resulted in a FG). Now short yardage playcalling is still a bit too telegraphed but overall not bad.

Defensively I felt a lot of issues were correctable. That's been discussed to death but that is mainly due to personnel changes

Back
Top Bottom