Play Off Picture | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Play Off Picture

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
i just read an article on all of the possible combos for us to get into the playoffs. Super confusing.
My opinion:
Finish 7-9, 8-8; don’t deserve to go
Finish 9-7, maybe deserve to go but who cares. Unlikely to advance.
Finish 10-6, deserve to go and playing well enough to win some playoff games.

If we win out we really just need Indy to pick up one loss (Cowboys, Giants, @Titans). There are other scenarios where we can still get in at 9-7 but it's messy. We just need Indy to lose although I also think there is a scenario where we can tie with Indy and Baltimore and get in although Pittsburgh could kill those chances. The problem is Pittsburgh has the Patriots and Saints over the next 2 weeks and if they lose one of those they are in jeopardy of not winning the division. The problem there is we can't be in a 3 way tie with Pittsburgh because of their tie.

In most scenarios if we make the playoffs, we would have to travel to NE to face the 3rd seed. A win there would truly be a miracle but I see a blowout loss for Miami in a revenge game.

The other scenario would involve Houston losing at least one of their remaining games. They play @ Jets, @ Philly, Jags at home. At that point we would travel to Houston....for our revenge game. I like this better.

If we WIN OUT...all we need is this:

1 loss by Indy (very likely...look at their matchups)

and either 1 loss by Baltimore or 1 loss by Pittsburgh (VERY likely that one of these 2 teams loses just ONE game)

We win and were pretty much in. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that Indy wins out and that BOTH Balt/Pitt win out. Odds are very much in our favor right now (assuming we win of course.)

Last edited:
If we WIN OUT...all we need is either 1 Baltimore loss or 1 Pittsburgh loss and we are LOCKED in.

Too easy. The Steelers will surely lose against either the Pats or the Saints. The Ravens could easily lose to the Chargers or dare I say...the Browns?

We win and were pretty much in. This is awesome.

I think the Ravens will lose to San Diego and Cleveland

I think the Ravens will lose to San Diego and Cleveland

Made a mistake. If Indy wins out then they'll own the tie breaker. They are the only legitimate threat to us not making the playoffs. But I like our chances since they play the Cowboys, Giants, and Titans.

Isn’t there like an 80% chance they make the playoffs at 10-6

Here's hoping Kansas City wins today pretty much securing their 1st seed over the Pats and then putting pressure on the Chargers going out next week to beat the Ravens after today's hypothetical loss.

Back
Top Bottom