Playcalling in offense isn't the dea and Wanny Deserves respect for his hard work. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playcalling in offense isn't the dea and Wanny Deserves respect for his hard work.

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Playcalling in offense isn't the deal and Wanny Deserves respect for his hard work.

I think for all your your statements I can tell that most of you aren't gonna get a job in any coaching department which includes softball for women.

Doesn't matter what reverses to the left side middle, bilateral, posterio anterior, middle left, off the tackle. The team is suffering from lack of football fundamentals. You don't have to be the greatest offensive lineman in the league, you just need to get it done and play tougher when you feel the urgency of helping your team out and the same it goes to any position. You don't go out there and publicly criticize your team as a player of the organization because you aren't doing much to help the team at the moment. Dave Wannstead isn't given the respect that he needs specially when he busts his *** out. He might make some bad coaching movements through the game but thats what coaching is all about. Its all about gambling and taking your chances but if your players can't contribute in how you like to then your team isn't going anywhere.

While we tried to address the offensive line issue there wasn't a player worth the money to grab. All those good lineman signed in the off-season got a fatter contract than we would dream to pay a player so unless we start dropping salary from the underachieving defensive unit then we won't really make it anywhere. In the end football is very easy, its all about tackling,knocking down every opponent yet is very complex so the players should just worry about having fun and putting an end to their struggles.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you say offensive play calling isn't an issue? Why do you think opposing teams watch game film all week prior to a game. If they can latch on to your patterns and weaknesses, they'll exploit them on Sunday. That's why its important as an O coordinator to give them some chocolate swirl when you've been feeding them vanilla for too long. Sure, guys lose focus during the season and don't always respond to motivational speeches - so when all else fails, breakout the half-gallon and give'em a scoop of whoop-a$$!

I don't think bad offensive line play, lack fo toughness and being dominated is part of an offensive gameplay. He is doing his best to come out with a gameplan for a team that is struggling and can't execute. Its easy to blame him you know.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
I don't think bad offensive line play, lack fo toughness and being dominated is part of an offensive gameplay. He is doing his best to come out with a gameplan for a team that is struggling and can't execute. Its easy to blame him you know.

You have a point but it's like saying a boss isn't responsible of his men.

He can't control the way the guys are working, but he has the responsability to fire and hire guys that will do the job.

Football isn't different that any other job.

Aside for the pay,sex,drugs...
:D

Re: Playcalling in offense isn't the deal and Wanny Deserves respect for his hard work.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but do not get why Ricky keep running between the Ts w/o success when he has had some success going outside the Ts.

Other than that, it has been the horrendous OL play that has made play calling a non-issue since nothing can w/o run blocking and pass protection. Of course, the run is easier to call and simpler to execute, but Ds are keeping 8 guys in the box to prevent us from settling on that. So Norv has been forced to throw more than he would like.

On D, we played well until Zach and Pat went down, so you have to wonder if the coaches could coach a team that was not as talented and stop any O :(

Re: Re: Playcalling in offense isn't the deal and Wanny Deserves respect for his hard work.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but do not get why Ricky keep running between the Ts w/o success when he has had some success going outside the Ts.

I don't understand that either
:(

And my friend who's a Pats fan was asking me the same thing.

So if we can see it, why can they do it ?

Is it like a mind game ?

"They're thinking that we have to go outside, so we'll surprise them and stay inside all game long."

Dave is a defensive coach...so he basically leaves the offense to Norv Turner.......Norv has Brain Farts lately.....

Dave basically has absolutely nothing to do with the offense.

In a way, we have two head coaches.

Back
Top Bottom