Playcalling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playcalling

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that the playcalling was suspect in the game vs. the Falcons.

Why were we constantly burned by the TE Alge Crumpler? Hasn't the TE been a huge problem for us in the past? I hope they have something to prevent this from being a weakness of our defense this year.

On offense, although Mcknight did a good job on 3rd down, why did Norv consistently call plays that were 4-5 yards shorter than what we need to make the first down? I hope this isn't something new Miami will be doing this year because it will hurt us.

Hopefully these are just small problems that will get corrected during the regular season. Covering the TE has been a weakness on our defense for a while...I HOPE our defense isn't so aggressive that this continues to be a problem.

It;s preseason.

I'm sure they just get a set of play sthey want to try out and so on..and do that. No real need to do a whole lot of gameplanning.

Yeah! Even the blitzes were not as complex. Teams don't want to show their playing hand to the rest of the league. Plus the fact that this is an evaluation process for some players. Complexity is not on the menu just yet. Just my thoughts.

:)

Originally posted by PAR
Teams don't want to show their playing hand to the rest of the league.
:)

I thought that last year too but I heard Norv after the 3rd pre season game in an interview say they've ran 80% of the plays they have on offense.

Originally posted by Sherif

I thought that last year too but I heard Norv after the 3rd pre season game in an interview say they've ran 80% of the plays they have on offense.

Last years offense is not as complex as this years offense.

Just imagine, even with that they had to scale back the playbook for Lucas while he was in there.

Oliver...

Relax. Norv is not showing his cards this early in preseason... he will unveil some in the opener and submit some wrinkles for our Division opponents.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
It;s preseason.

I'm sure they just get a set of play sthey want to try out and so on..and do that. No real need to do a whole lot of gameplanning.

Well thats an excuse for the offensive playcalling, but the trend continues for our inability to account for the TE.

We have had that problem for a while now.

Not sure where or when, but I'm positive that Dave and Norv have both stated several times that they are only using a vanilla game plan during the preseason. And that they are not using their normal regular season play books, and wont, until day 1 of the season.
Why?
They do not want to show anyone any of their new schemes.
So while we seem to be getting burned, not opening any holes for Ricky, etc. It's because no one is playing on book.
And also for those sayin Ricky is off, it's because he's running half speed and not pushing himself because of possible injury.

Nuff said.

I'm not worried about McM not being very noticeable in the pre-season. I believe they are going to try and get him the ball a lot this year and have even added some new plays just for him. I believe they said this a while ago? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom