Player Comparisons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player Comparisons

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before, but thought I'd start a thread comparing college players to current NFL's. Here are a few that I see:

Sam Bradford -- Chad Pennington
Brandon Graham -- Lamar Woodley
Jason Pierre-Paul --- Jason Taylor
Terrence Cody --- Ted Washington
Rolando McClain --- bigger Demarco Ryan
CJ Spiller -- somewhere between Reggie Bush and Marshall Faulk
Jahvid Best -- Chris Johnson (ish)
Chad Jones --- Louis Oliver
Demarius Thomas -- somewhere between Oronde Gadsden and Terrell Owens

I dont lke the chad p to bradford compaison but your others look pretty damn good...

Eric Berry--- Ed Reed
Dez Bryant--- Brandon Marshall

E. Griffen - L. Woodley meets J. Taylor

(strictly speaking of physical attributes)

I don't agree with the McClain/Ryan comparison.

But, I think you nailed Spiller.

E. Griffen - L. Woodley meets J. Taylor

(strictly speaking of physical attributes)

I don't agree with the McClain/Ryan comparison.

But, I think you nailed Spiller.

I'll need to pay more attention to Griffen. Haven't seen much of USC this year. Do you think Griffen is a top 20 guy?

I think Rolando McClain is a lot like Karlos Dansby. Demaryius Thomas reminds me a lot of Marques Colston. I think Colt McCoy reminds me more of Pennington than Bradford. Others are about spot on.

i think rolando is reminds of antonio pierce but with better overall upside to physical ability

I'll need to pay more attention to Griffen. Haven't seen much of USC this year. Do you think Griffen is a top 20 guy?

I think he's a top 10 - maybe top 5 - talent. He reminds me a bit of V. Davis: he didn't always perform up to his physical attributed because - in my mind - he got bored and cut some corners, because he was so much more physically gifted than his competition. In the right hands, I see a Pro Bowl DE (4-3) or SSOLB (3-4). I think Nolan will keep him interested and the locker room will keep him focused. I'd absolutely draft him at #12 - unless Berry somehow falls to us. Some mocks have him falling to the 2nd; some have him going top 10. Again, reminds me of V. Davis as far as rap sheet.

Golden tate-- Steve Smith (carolina)
Mardy Gilyard-- Desean Jackson
Johnathan Dwyer-- Ronnie Brown
Brandon spikes-- Johnathan Vilma

Sam Bradford -- Drew Brees. Not size comparison. Both don't have the best arm strength (but enough to make the throws) and have superior accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom