Player Reactions to Tua? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player Reactions to Tua?

I am sure it is a tough pill to swallow for anyone to getbenched.I would definitely be surprised if at the very least Flores was laying down Suttle hints.
Its Tua Time Fitz,Enjoy the ride.!nd in all honesty Fitz should resign with us.In a few days as he processes what has transpired this should be in the best interest of the TEAM and not himself.
I know he has poured his heart out for this team and for that the Team,Organization and Fans should be very grateful of this.

I find it sort of amazing that people are surprised by Fitz reaction... Sure he wasnt setting the world on fire with his play but coming off 3 wins out of the last 4 games and probably on pace for his best season in the NFL, dude sure a hell feels like he didnt lose the job. Thing is there's someone better behind him and that just is what it is, but jesus, the guy's career probably just ended yesterday, give him a break.
What's "surprising" is the media dump to Armando. The man has got to know that **** will stink
once he hits the twitter world and doesn't exactly facilitate a smooth transition...

Sure he's disappointed and I assume didn't see it coming -- but that doesn't deny the inevitable
we've all been dealing with in plain sight.

Just my opinion, but Fitz should have kept this out of the public for a day or so and then after
a bit of reflection -- make a statement -- an official team type release and be a PRO about it...

I find it a tad disappointing... But hey, I understand he's upset. It's the handling that seems "off."

I've been at work most the day and haven't been able to see much of the reactions to Miami naming Tua the starter.

Has anybody seen any fins players or any players in the league react about Miami starting Tua?
"
But Fitzpatrick had been playing well. He’s been the main catalyst behind Miami’s three wins, and is the alpha male of this locker room.
According to Dolphins players who spoke on the condition of anonymity, Tagovailoa was doing “alright” in practices. He wasn’t disappointing, but his weekly reps weren’t eye-opening, indicating that a change was needed."

Screw Mondo, Omar, and anyone else trying to sow dissention within this team right now. We are in the best position as a franchise that we've been in for decades, and this is a time to enjoy it, especially after what we went through last season. This is why we can't have nice things, people!

Fitz knew when they drafted Tua he was just a place holder and it was only a matter of time for him as a starter
Of course he is disappointed especially with the team at .500 and just a game behind the Bills but some quotes may have been taken out of context and the beat writers just love to stir things up so i would not read much into it.

What was he supposed to say anyways ? I look forward to riding the bench ???

Yeah I could see how players might dislike the move too. These guys have been playing hard and celebrating with Fitz, developing brotherhood, all that. But I think Omar actually put it well...

While that might not sit well with the players, it is without a doubt the right approach for this franchise to take because this season wasn’t originally about making a playoff push. It’s the second-year of a massive rebuild, and the goal is to build a solid foundation around Tagovailoa that lasts a decade

I still hope to see playoffs this season, but we didn't endure being the laughing stock in rebuild mode a year ago to lose sight of the big picture now.

as soon as Tua starts moving the offense, getting 1st downs and TD's at will, even the players that were not on his side to start this early, would quickly jump on the Tua wagon without a 2nd thought.

First downs and TDs at will? Who does that without the name Mahomes on the back of his jersey?

"
But Fitzpatrick had been playing well. He’s been the main catalyst behind Miami’s three wins, and is the alpha male of this locker room.
According to Dolphins players who spoke on the condition of anonymity, Tagovailoa was doing “alright” in practices. He wasn’t disappointing, but his weekly reps weren’t eye-opening, indicating that a change was needed."

If he was doing "alright" in practice with limited snaps and a rookie with no offseason. Then what can he do with more snaps and full game action?

If the difference between where he is now and Fitz isn't that drastic then why not start the rookie?

Some unpopular thoughts about this.
First as prior posts pointed out Fitz is a pretty smart dude how could he not see this coming. This points back to how Flores and possibly Greer handled this situation. It's obvious that Fitz felt like it was implied his job to loose.
Hopefully Tua holds up mentally and physically going forward because if not expecting Fitz to come back and lead this team with the same effort and heart as he did before probably will not happen.
Also consider that last year basically both Mica Fitz and Drake did not want to play for Flores. Why obvious they did not trust Flores judgement for some reason.
Add both these situations together and there is a red flag regarding Flores and how he is handling his players.
Certainly money motivates everyone to perform but trust is also a factor.

Wow. I really didn’t expect this reaction from Fitz. I’m kinda shocked to be honest.
I think Fitz is “real”and was really hurt. I understand “it’s a business” but Fitz has done nothing but try hard. Block, run, takes hits, mentor Tua. Swish it could have been handled better somehow.

After watching the player and coach interviews over the past couple of days it seems to me that this decision came from higher up. In a way Tua is being forced at a convenient time (the bye week) to see what Miami has in him and for the future draft/FA period.

Another thing, This is going to happen anyway. Miami is playing a bit better and what do they do if Fitz is leading a team into the playoffs, then you put Tua in? When do you take the team away from Fitz? The team is being built and Tua is part of that building, not Fitzpatrick.

Last edited:
Some unpopular thoughts about this.
First as prior posts pointed out Fitz is a pretty smart dude how could he not see this coming. This points back to how Flores and possibly Greer handled this situation. It's obvious that Fitz felt like it was implied his job to loose.
Hopefully Tua holds up mentally and physically going forward because if not expecting Fitz to come back and lead this team with the same effort and heart as he did before probably will not happen.
Also consider that last year basically both Mica Fitz and Drake did not want to play for Flores. Why obvious they did not trust Flores judgement for some reason.
Add both these situations together and there is a red flag regarding Flores and how he is handling his players.
Certainly money motivates everyone to perform but trust is also a factor.

I was waiting for Drake and Minkah to be mentioned...LOl! Yep! Those two are the examples of Flores and Grier can't and shouldn't be trusted by players in this organization.

I think this is a small problem, Fitz will lead the team around Tua. Yes we could make the playoffs with Fitz which would be amazing. However Tua is what we need to learn about.

Back
Top Bottom