Player Reactions to Tua? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player Reactions to Tua?

I find it sort of amazing that people are surprised by Fitz reaction... Sure he wasnt setting the world on fire with his play but coming off 3 wins out of the last 4 games and probably on pace for his best season in the NFL, dude sure a hell feels like he didnt lose the job. Thing is there's someone better behind him and that just is what it is, but jesus, the guy's career probably just ended yesterday, give him a break.
Could care less about his feelings. Thanks for babysitting for a year and half but BYE, you’re out. If you didn’t know you’d be benched eventually then your Harvard diploma is a fraud in the smarts department. Yes, your career is pretty much over but why should we care or give him a break. If he’s such a “team guy” that everyone on this site touts him to be then he’d understand. Too many people on this site were living in a dream world to actually think Fitz was actually doing this for the “kid”. Fitz was here for Fitz. Give me a break

Hey, players know where their bread is buttered. They may be disappointed or surprised about the decision, but they'll quickly line up to praise Tua. That's just what being a part of a football team is about.

I was waiting for Drake and Minkah to be mentioned...LOl! Yep! Those two are the examples of Flores and Grier can't and shouldn't be trusted by players in this organization.
Hey if I am a bit of a pessimist it's from being a optimist to many times in the ever ending churn if coaches since the media and fans back then ran Shula off.

Coaching is the key more than the players themselves especially in this age of free agency and Flo has been passing the test of getting the team to perform which I am happy with. To many fans believe that the players on their team are all just hired guns on one hand and should be expected the upmost loyalty to their team on the other. If you have ever been a high end athlete you know neither are true, money represents being recognized for your talents after that there is the culture of the organization that resolve around both the other players and the coach.
Consider this Tua looks up to Fitz from whats being posted here and in the media, next Tua has 2 x Alabama teammates wanting out of Miami the year before he is drafted. Don't kid yourself Tua is influenced by these situations.

Media stoking up bs to get clicks. Yeah, Fitz was bummed, and understandably so, but the media pushed melodrama is crap.

Staff likes what they‘re seeing in practice obviously. The line seems ready to protect Tua, and we’re at the bye.

Fitz hasn’t taken a team to the playoffs in his 15 years, you think that‘d change this year? He left points on the board vs NY. That was a team win, especially by the D. We would have won w Cleo Lemon at QB.

Anybody really think there is a higher upside w Fitz than Tua?

Plus, we need to see what Tua’s got. We may have a top 5 pick this year:shrug:

Last edited:
Media stoking up bs to get clicks. Yeah, Fitz was bummed, and understandably so, but the media pushed melodrama is crap.

Staff likes what they‘re seeing in practice obviously. The line seems ready to protect Tua, and we’re at the bye.

Fitz hasn’t taken a team to the playoffs in his 15 years, you think that‘d change this year? He left points on the board vs NY. That was a team win, especially by the D. We would have won w Cleo Lemon at QB.

Anybody really think there is a higher upside w Fitz than Tua?

Plus, we need to see what Tua’s got. We may have a top 5 pick this year:shrug:
My feelings exactly!

So Chan knows Fitz pretty well. This doesn’t happen without Chan advocating for it. I believe too many plays have been missed, and that Chan is calling plays based on Fitz’s deficiencies.... and that Chan wanted the ability to be more precise and aggressive.

If he was doing "alright" in practice with limited snaps and a rookie with no offseason. Then what can he do with more snaps and full game action?

If the difference between where he is now and Fitz isn't that drastic then why not start the rookie?
How many first team reps was Tua getting each week, prior to now?

5%? 10%? Of the snaps?

The rest of the time he's handing to Patrick laird and throwing to Isaiah ford behind Adam Pankey.

People talk like we’ve beaten anyone good. Fitz has been average this season and he was bad last week in the second half. His stats are misleading. If Tua is ready, it’s the right move.

Fitz probably bought into the Kool Aid that Tua was going to red shirt this season while healing his body and learning from him. He honestly may have thought that. Apparently this truly caught him off guard.
This makes sense, considering that Tua had such a serious injury. Or, maybe the deal was to see where the team stood during the "original" bye week (week 11), and if they were in contention for a playoff berth they'd keep rolling with Fitz. If the playoffs were unlikely, then Flores could let Tua finish out the season. It's possible that Fitz was under the impression that even though the bye week was changed he'd still be the starter until at least week 12 or so, but Flores decided to make the switch during this new bye and Fitz was mentally unprepared for being yanked so soon. He must have seen it coming... he was terrible that second half against the Jets, and if he was a better QB there's a good chance that they'd be 5-1 right now.

That said, I still like Fitz, and think it would be great if he could finally take some snaps in a playoff game before he retires!

People talk like we’ve beaten anyone good. Fitz has been average this season and he was bad last week in the second half. His stats are misleading. If Tua is ready, it’s the right move.
Thanks

This makes sense, considering that Tua had such a serious injury. Or, maybe the deal was to see where the team stood during the "original" bye week (week 11), and if they were in contention for a playoff berth they'd keep rolling with Fitz. If the playoffs were unlikely, then Flores could let Tua finish out the season. It's possible that Fitz was under the impression that even though the bye week was changed he'd still be the starter until at least week 12 or so, but Flores decided to make the switch during this new bye and Fitz was mentally unprepared for being yanked so soon. He must have seen it coming... he was terrible that second half against the Jets, and if he was a better QB there's a good chance that they'd be 5-1 right now.

That said, I still like Fitz, and think it would be great if he could finally take some snaps in a playoff game before he retires!
Wouldn’t mind Fitz taking snaps in a playoff game if he actually ever led a team to the playoffs.

Those 2 tds to Shaheen and Smythe are 100% on Chan for scheming them so wide open that anyone on this forum could’ve made the throw.

They did a great job of trying to put fitz in positive situations, but he just cannot execute what an elite QB can and that is obvious on tape.

I don’t want to watch another 3 and out after a Howard INT at the opponent’s 45.

First downs and TDs at will? Who does that without the name Mahomes on the back of his jersey?

Obviously I'm exaggerating, but my point is that once he starts having success, players will follow.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Jackson, Brees, Brady, Big Ben, Watson...Are all great QBs, and crazy to believe Tua will be on that level right away or ever, but unless you are a psychic, do you really know how good Tua can be?

Again, not saying or expecting Tua to be the best QB in the NFL out of the gates or ever, but also aware we all have no clue how good a QB he could become.

Back
Top Bottom