Player(s) You'd Pound the Table for in the Middle Rounds? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player(s) You'd Pound the Table for in the Middle Rounds?

I really like Meinerz and also Rashad Weaver and Werner and Josh Myers from Ohio ST.
I'm pretty sure Meinerz was the find of the Senior Bowl. I'd be shocked if we don't have a slight priority on drafting him over other Centers that might otherwise have been taken over him.

Well, Humphrey has a lot more starts and will probably go higher. Dickerson too many injuries. Myers can play guard or center some there's value there.
How would you rate him in the run game?

I'm a firm believer in the fact that a lot of late movement in the mocks to the draft is generally just hype... grown men forgetting what they've seen in games and then overrating a player's performance at a team day or the combine... so in general, I'm attracted to players who slide during this process.

So... Amon-Ra St. Brown... very smooth, very polished route runner. An inside-outside guy who might do his best work out of the slot.
Leatherwood has slid since last year, as has Adebo, and Nasrilideen... Humphreys was being mocked mid first round for about a year. Etienne may slide into the middle of the second. Walker Little has already been mentioned. Rousseau is sliding now because of work in underwear... Both Roche and Moses have lower profiles now than a year ago... Hell, some people were mentioning Basham as a first rounder and now he's thought to be a third round guy.

Some of this makes sense... some of it is crap. Players were the hot new thing and then people got bored.

I will pound the table... for value. Take a guy whose profile has slid, rather than some small school longshot or a guy who finally had a good season as a 5th year senior.

Last edited:
i dont get to rap up into draft because it hard say what team is going do. after first rd anything goes.. i will grade it when it done...

I'm a firm believer in the fact that a lot of late movement in the mocks to the draft is generally just hype... grown men forgetting what they've seen in games and then overrating a player's performance at a team day or the combine... so in general, I'm attracted to players who slide during this process.

So... Amon-Ra St. Brown... very smooth, very polished route runner. An inside-outside guy who might do his best work out of the slot.
Leatherwood has slid since last year, as has Adebo, and Nasrilideen... Humphreys was being mocked mid first round for about a year. Etienne may slide into the middle of the second. Walker Little has already been mentioned. Rousseau is sliding now because of work in underwear... Both Roche and Moses have lower profiles now than a year ago... Hell, some people were mentioning Basham as a first rounder and now he's thought to be a third round guy.

Some of this makes sense... some of it is crap. Players were the hot new thing and then people got bored.

I will pound the table... for value. Take a guy whose profile has slid, rather than some small school longshot or a guy who finally had a good season as a 5th year senior.
I think there's a lot of truth in that. We see so many mocks now, that some of it is just to change things up or for shock value.

Back
Top Bottom