Player(s) You'd Pound the Table for in the Middle Rounds? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player(s) You'd Pound the Table for in the Middle Rounds?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
We've talked a lot about the first 50 picks, but every year there are mid-round and late round picks who contribute to NFL teams.

Who are some of these potential steals that you would pound the table for after pick 50?

I know he wasn't impressive during the Senior Bowl week with some balance issues, but if Patrick Jones is there in the 4th or 5th round, I'd pound the table for him.

Terry and Rodgers are two under the radar wide receivers that I like. Just so much talent at that position.

Walker Little OT out of Stanford. Dude has all pro potential he’s just been out of football due to injuries for over a year.

Justin Hilliard LB and Jonathan Cooper EDGE out of Ohio St are 2 guys that have a ton of talent just not the tape and production to back it up. Rounds 5-7 is where you’ll find these 2 and they have the classic look of better pro players than they were college players.

Talanoa Hufanga a Safety out of USC. Go watch the tape of the PAC 12 Championship game against Oregon. Dude just flies around the ball. Better in coverage than I expected and he’s a head hunter. Love love love his game. Maybe the most underrated prospect in the draft for me.

Camryn Bynum a CB out of Cal. Dude was all PAC 12 multiple times and is a team captain for multiple years. Doesn’t have great long speed but he’s exceptionally good in his technique.

Tyler Vaughns WR out of USC and Trevon Grimes WR out of Florida are 2 6th-7th round guys that have lots of potential. Both are former 5 star prospects coming out of high school that didn’t live up to their respective hype but still possess a ton of raw talent.

My theory for late round picks are to look for guys that have at least 1 trait that we can coach up. All these guys except for Bynum are former 5 star prospects and all possess loads of natural talent. It just needs to be coached up. It just so happens we now have a guy that’s exceptional at coaching and developing players in Flo and the staff. Would be thrilled to have any of these guys as a part of our draft class.

1) Payton Turner, DE - Houston. 2) Dyami Brown, WR - North Carolina. 3) Patrick Jones, DE - Pittsburgh.

I still like Jones in spite of his lackluster performance during senior bowl week. Hopefully he finds his niche as a pro?
Flores worked with Jones during the Senior Bowl so I'll trust his judgment there. Does get after the quarterback. His production is good.

Marvin Wilson is another player that comes to mind. Apparently, he put on a little weight in 2020 and struggled. Before that, I think he was viewed as a top 20 talent. If he makes it to the 3rd round, I think that's tremendous value.

The safety on Oregon, Holland, is often projected in the 3rd round range. That's a potential steal.

Walker Little OT out of Stanford. Dude has all pro potential he’s just been out of football due to injuries for over a year.

Justin Hilliard LB and Jonathan Cooper EDGE out of Ohio St are 2 guys that have a ton of talent just not the tape and production to back it up. Rounds 5-7 is where you’ll find these 2 and they have the classic look of better pro players than they were college players.

Talanoa Hufanga a Safety out of USC. Go watch the tape of the PAC 12 Championship game against Oregon. Dude just flies around the ball. Better in coverage than I expected and he’s a head hunter. Love love love his game. Maybe the most underrated prospect in the draft for me.

Camryn Bynum a CB out of Cal. Dude was all PAC 12 multiple times and is a team captain for multiple years. Doesn’t have great long speed but he’s exceptionally good in his technique.

Tyler Vaughns WR out of USC and Trevon Grimes WR out of Florida are 2 6th-7th round guys that have lots of potential. Both are former 5 star prospects coming out of high school that didn’t live up to their respective hype but still possess a ton of raw talent.

My theory for late round picks are to look for guys that have at least 1 trait that we can coach up. All these guys except for Bynum are former 5 star prospects and all possess loads of natural talent. It just needs to be coached up. It just so happens we now have a guy that’s exceptional at coaching and developing players in Flo and the staff. Would be thrilled to have any of these guys as a part of our draft class.
Pre-injury, Walter Little was talked about as a top 10 talent. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up.

Grimes is a good call.

I have some former players again in this years draft. I think this might be my last batch unless I start coaching again after I retire from teaching. Of course I'd love them to land in Miami.
Center - BYU / Notre Dame - Tristan Hodge (Nephew of former Steelers FB Merril Hodge)
QB - Memphis / Arizona State - Brady White

There's a few more I think. I'll add them once I confirm they are continuing with football.

Flores worked with Jones during the Senior Bowl so I'll trust his judgment there. Does get after the quarterback. His production is good.

Marvin Wilson is another player that comes to mind. Apparently, he put on a little weight in 2020 and struggled. Before that, I think he was viewed as a top 20 talent. If he makes it to the 3rd round, I think that's tremendous value.

The safety on Oregon, Holland, is often projected in the 3rd round range. That's a potential steal.
Flores was at the Oregon pro day. With rumors about Miami looking at DB's; Holland may be of interest to Miami? I agree about Jones and any of those kids from Pittsburgh who were at the senior bowl. I'd think they'd be of potential interest to Miami.

Miami is stacked at DT, Wilson may be more of a hybrid DE/DT in Flores scheme. A Jared Odrick type height/weight body type?

Last edited:
Flores was at the Oregon pro day. With rumors about Miami looking at DB's Holland may be of interest to Miami? I agree about Jones and any of those kids from Pittsburgh who were at the senior bowl. I'd think they'd be of potential interest to Miami.

Miami is stacked at DT, Wilson may be more of a hybrid DE/DT in Flores scheme. A Jared Odrick type height/weight body type?
I don't think Miami will be looking DT in this draft, but I'm sure they will be open to talent that drops.

Holland is very intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom