Player(s) You'd Pound the Table for in the Middle Rounds? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player(s) You'd Pound the Table for in the Middle Rounds?

The past couple of years we had horrible rosters going into the off-season and we therefore needed a high volume of additions. I don’t think we are in that state anymore. We have seven picks. Imagine adding 7 draft picks and two UDFA’s to the ten or so free agents we added. We do not have a need for numbers like we used to. We need targeted chess pieces. That’s alot of changes for a ten win team.

But the other dynamic is that we coached in the senior bowl and yet we are out of a big chunk of the middle of the draft. IF there were some guys we really liked that fall into that middle category, I’d suggest that we see a couple of trade downs to get us fourth and fifth round picks. But if we are shrugging at the prospects, then maybe we stand pat.

Jevon Holland (IF he falls to the 3rd)
Khalil Herbert
Marquez Stevenson
Shi Smith
D'Wayne Eskridge
Quinn Meinerz
Jordan Smith
Cameron McGrone
Jackson Carman
Talanoa Hufanga
Andre Cisco
Marvin Wilson
James Hudson
Michael Menet
Dayo Odeyingbo
Israel Mukuamu (move to safety)

Late rounds instead "Mid rounds"
Jordan Scott
Deommodore Lenoir
Shemar Jean-Charles
Shaun Jolly
Ben Mason

Last edited:
Janarius Robinson, Edge, FSU. He has the tools to be an elite pass rusher. He’s gonna be a mid to late round pick because he didn’t produce a whole lot in college. FSU had a bad team, with bad coaching/schemes, but he is the ideal developmental prospect at a position of need.

Jevon Holland, S, Oregon. This guy hasn’t been talked about much since opting out. But he was one of the top safety prospects after his sophomore season. 6’1” 200 pounds had 108 tackles and 9 ints in 2 years of starting. He’s more of an early to mid round option.

Amari Rodgers, Wr, Clemson. He’s my favorite slot in the draft. Built like a RB and one of the best run after catch receivers in the draft something we desperately need. Again he’s probably a late 2-3 guy so not necessarily late round but he’s one of my favorites.

Janarius Robinson, Edge, FSU. He has the tools to be an elite pass rusher. He’s gonna be a mid to late round pick because he didn’t produce a whole lot in college. FSU had a bad team, with bad coaching/schemes, but he is the ideal developmental prospect at a position of need.

Jevon Holland, S, Oregon. This guy hasn’t been talked about much since opting out. But he was one of the top safety prospects after his sophomore season. 6’1” 200 pounds had 108 tackles and 9 ints in 2 years of starting. He’s more of an early to mid round option.

Amari Rodgers, Wr, Clemson. He’s my favorite slot in the draft. Built like a RB and one of the best run after catch receivers in the draft something we desperately need. Again he’s probably a late 2-3 guy so not necessarily late round but he’s one of my favorites.
Really like that list. Don't know much about Robinson, but hope Miami can find a way to get Holland. Maybe at pick #50. He screams a Flores type and both Flores and Grier were at his pro day.

Rodgers is very underrated.

Quincy Roche
Walker Little
Trey Sermon

I don't want a RB with any of the top 4 picks. I think there's a solid chance we trade back at 18, 36 or 50.

Really like that list. Don't know much about Robinson, but hope Miami can find a way to get Holland. Maybe at pick #50. He screams a Flores type and both Flores and Grier were at his pro day.

Rodgers is very underrated.

Robinson is 6’5” 260 with a massive wingspan. He runs in the 4.6 range. He’s totally one of those raw edge guys but unlike Jayson Oweh he’s projected to go day 3. Basically a lottery ticket prospect.

Robinson is 6’5” 260 with a massive wingspan. He runs in the 4.6 range. He’s totally one of those raw edge guys but unlike Jayson Oweh he’s projected to go day 3. Basically a lottery ticket prospect.
That could be a better option than gambling on a DE early.

Back
Top Bottom