Players like Wannstedt, but not Armstrong | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players like Wannstedt, but not Armstrong

Steve Mo

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Miami Herald reports while some players question the coaching staff's schemes and Wannstedt's skills as an orator, he continues to have the support of top players such as Williams, Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. Some will go to Wayne Huizenga soon to defend Wannstedt. But among players, we hear there is some dissatisfaction with special-teams coach Keith Armstrong.

Props to Phinzone for this

Fire them all. Make a nice fat offer to Westhoff, he was fantastic with some crappy ST players.

Armstrong.....? Isn't that guy supposed to evaluate his 'talent' and 'needs' and maybe do something 'special' to a special unit? Rogers? Royals? (Turk has done EXTREMELY well IMO since his return), blocking schemes? Mare struggling (although still better then most)......yeah.....I wouldn't miss him very much.

Yea, when was the last time we had a game breaker, better yet an average return guy for kick offs or punt returns? Rogers had a nice one against Buffalo, but I wonder where that's been all year. Either all the returners suck, or our blocking schemes bite.

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
I'd keep MAYBE Turner and keep Bates

Get rid of them all.
I'm tired of them trying to recreate The Cowboys.

If we can get a decent QB (i.e. better) and improve on the OL, I'd love to keep Turner. And if we can get a nice secondary receiver, even better.

I don't think Norv has forgotten how to call plays. I think our current personel has simply handcuffed him.

Originally posted by Muck
If we can get a decent QB (i.e. better) and improve on the OL, I'd love to keep Turner. And if we can get a nice secondary receiver, even better.

I don't think Norv has forgotten how to call plays. I think our current personel has simply handcuffed him.

I remember when the Dolphins first hired Norv, there were several Redskin fans on the Trashtalk forum who warned me about his play calling, especially calling passing plays when running the ball seemed most logical. Those Patriot games this year and last reminded me of that.

Norv Turner's time passed long ago. He has not even been credible this year.

Good coordinators create situations for their best players to make plays. He rarely schemes to make sure his best weapon in the passing games are open. McMike and Chambers.

He should have been forcing Jay to throw them the damn ball. He'd just wait and wait and hope for them to be open by five yards.

Their saying with great WR's. Their always open if you'd throw them the ball. Who's going to outjump Chambers? What LB's going to outmuscle or outrun McMike for a ball?

The schemes of our offense are just as bad as the defense's.

Let every person go off this staff. (Including O-line, D-line, LB, CB, ST ALL of them)

A fresh start needs to be brought in.

Some of these players need to go as well.

Back
Top Bottom