players praise Frerotte | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

players praise Frerotte

downfield

Starter
Reaction score
Dolphins buzz: QB Gus Frerotte will enter camp as the front-runner to start, with players privately praising his touch and command of the offense.
-- Miami Herald

This was on cnnsi.

good. I hope he wins the job and becomes the next rich gannon :)

Boik14 said:
good. I hope he wins the job and becomes the next rich gannon :)

Would be nice but i highly doubt it...I think we'll have qb problems all year

We really should of grabbed a qb in this draft somewhere...I mean for god sakes Charlie Frye didnt go til the 3rd round...but ah oh well

We'll probobly end up drafting one with the first 2 rounds next year

Buddwalk said:
Would be nice but i highly doubt it...I think we'll have qb problems all year

We really should of grabbed a qb in this draft somewhere...I mean for god sakes Charlie Frye didnt go til the 3rd round...but ah oh well

We'll probobly end up drafting one with the first 2 rounds next year
Crowder > Frye in rd 3.

The reason i brought up the Gannon comparison was because it took Gannon a long time to find the proper system after a semi-successful stint at Qb earlier in his career with Minny, much like Frerotte with washington. Im not saying it wil happen but I think if this turns out to be as good a system as I think it is for Gus' abilities I think we'll have a better qb than a lot of people would give us credit for.

Boik14 said:
Crowder > Frye in rd 3.

The reason i brought up the Gannon comparison was because it took Gannon a long time to find the proper system after a semi-successful stint at Qb earlier in his career with Minny, much like Frerotte with washington. Im not saying it wil happen but I think if this turns out to be as good a system as I think it is for Gus' abilities I think we'll have a better qb than a lot of people would give us credit for.

I also agree that crowder was a better pick then frye...i'm just pointing out that if we would of drafted one...then next year we'd have a starting qb...now next year if we draft one its a rebuilding process which sucks

Buddwalk said:
I also agree that crowder was a better pick then frye...i'm just pointing out that if we would of drafted one...then next year we'd have a starting qb...now next year if we draft one its a rebuilding process which sucks
Or we could sign 1 in Fa? Maybe whoever SD lets go of/trades, possibly deal for Garrard, Ramsey, etc. Someone will become available if neither qb works out.

Boik14 said:
Or we could sign 1 in Fa? Maybe whoever SD lets go of/trades, possibly deal for Garrard, Ramsey, etc. Someone will become available if neither qb works out.

i think jax will hold onto garrard.

Boik14 said:

I'd rather draft...settling on qbs isnt the way to go for this organization

You dont find the next dan marino by picking one up in free agency...you have to draft him

MelbournePhin said:
i think jax will hold onto garrard.
They say they will but if the right offer came up im sure he'd come available. I think I mentioned trading for Garrard for that purpose, i dont think he will be cut either.

Buddwalk said:
I'd rather draft...settling on qbs isnt the way to go for this organization

You dont find the next dan marino by picking one up in free agency...you have to draft him
You dont find the Next Marino anywhere. there are no next Marino's. Those type of expectations will lead you to really severe dissappointment and when it doesnt happen probably heavy depression and prozac. Marino's or Favres dont grow on trees or in draft; theyre once in a decade players.

Whoever does the best job should start. I hate Feeley, but if he beats out Gus so be it. I still have my money on Gus though!!

Boik14 said:
You dont find the Next Marino anywhere. there are no next Marino's. Those type of expectations will lead you to really severe dissappointment and when it doesnt happen probably heavy depression and prozac. Marino's or Favres dont grow on trees or in draft; theyre once in a decade players.

I was using marino as an example cause he was our last good qb
But the only place to actually gamble and have a chance on having the next marino is through the draft in my opinion

The next marino just so happens to be named Peyton Manning sorry man

Boik14 said:
They say they will but if the right offer came up im sure he'd come available. I think I mentioned trading for Garrard for that purpose, i dont think he will be cut either.

no way hes cut. they will keep him or deal him if they get a good enough offer

MelbournePhin said:
no way hes cut. they will keep him or deal him if they get a good enough offer
Thanks for reiterating what i just said :lol:

Back
Top Bottom