Players that will slip but...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players that will slip but......

Skeet84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jason Allen, DS, Tennessee
Allen possesses an impressive combination of size, speed and athletic ability. He also has a solid work ethic and good character. He's a versatile defensive back (DC/FS) who was considered a first-round talent prior to suffering a season-ending hip injury five games into his senior year. The injury is likely to cause a significant dip in Allen's draft value, but if doctors project little long-term repercussions, I would take a flier on him as early as the second round.
Jeremy Bloom, RS/WR, Colorado
As a result of the money he made as a professional skier, the NCAA stripped Bloom of his eligibility prior to the Buffs' 2005 season. As a result, Bloom played only two seasons of college football and has not played in a game in nearly two years. In addition, Bloom is a vastly undersized prospect with limited potential at wide receiver (he's listed on Colorado's Web site as 5-foot-9, 175 pounds on the 2003 roster). Nevertheless, Bloom's explosive speed and short highlight reel of punt returns should convince a team to take a chance on him in the middle rounds.
Antonio Cromartie, DC, Florida State
Instead of returning for his senior season, Cromartie elected to leave school early for the 2006 NFL draft. He has not played in a game since the end of the 2004 season and has spent a good portion of this past year rehabilitating from a knee injury suffered in July 2005. In addition to the concerns regarding his health, Cromartie's technique needs lots of polishing. What makes Cromartie so tempting, though, is his excellent combination of size, speed and athletic ability. If he can knock off the rust and regain his form, Cromartie has the potential to develop into a shutdown cover corner in the NFL. Not surprisingly, Cromartie is regarded as one of the biggest enigmas in this class. In my opinion, he's worth the risk in the top half of the second round.
Dusty Dvoracek, DT, Oklahoma
Dvoracek is a one-gap defensive tackle with the combination of size, speed, quickness, toughness, instincts and football intelligence to warrant first-round consideration. However, his off-the-field baggage (dismissed from the program in 2004 because of an off-the-field incident) and durability problems (torn labrum in 2002 and torn biceps in 2005) have many teams shying away. However, Dvoracek is a great value in round three. Marcus Vick, QB, Virginia Tech
Vick's behavior over the course of the last three years has been disgusting. He has been grossly immature and has demonstrated anger-management issues. Vick has exasperated law authorities, school officials, college coaches and even his big brother, Michael. But a shot to the ego, like the one he is set to receive on draft weekend, could finally be the wake-up call he so desperately needs. Vick is too unproven and comes with entirely too much baggage to risk selecting in the first four rounds. However, the team that takes a chance on Vick with a late-round selection could reap the reward of a Day One talent with a chip on his shoulder.

That was on ESPN. They said they would slip for some reason, But could be very Good!

playmaker1 said:
I think Bloom would be an interesting pick late. Hes got mad speed

I think the one reason he will get drafted is for Kick returning. We have Wes Welker so I dont think that happens.

Skeet84 said:
I think the one reason he will get drafted is for Kick returning. We have Wes Welker so I dont think that happens.
I love Wes, but I think they are going to use him more as a WR this year.Look what he did for us this last year. He was good in the slot. Bloom is a similar player, I wish he was about 4 inches taller, but I think you could still utilize them both on O and on ST

playmaker1 said:
I love Wes, but I think they are going to use him more as a WR this year.Look what he did for us this last year. He was good in the slot. Bloom is a similar player, I wish he was about 4 inches taller, but I think you could still utilize them both on O and on ST

I agree Wes Welker was a HUGE WR for us. Now I say that beacuse when the team was playing crappy and it was third and long I was looking for Welker cause he always stepped up. I really don't think Welkers role will change too much

Pocoloco said:
Allen in the 3rd would be money. I think we'll get a shot at him there

If we do I will jump for Joy! I seen him play at UT and he was there Secondary. He also can play corner. He only played Saftey cause they needed him too.

Skeet84 said:

With the addition of Jeremy Bloom as a kick returner, Wes could focus more on his receiving duties. Besides, Jeremy has been timed in the sub 4.3 range and would always be just a step away from going all the way.

Back
Top Bottom