Playing against Sean Smith today…random! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playing against Sean Smith today…random!

sdotbailey

Starter
Reaction score
So…my roommate is playing against Sean Smith today in a flag football tourney out here in Pasadena. He's a local guy apparently - or was coached by one of these guys - and he's out participating in the games. I'd go but have a bum ankle at the moment and can't cut. Still, Smith is a big, big dude.

Only lame-ish thing though - he's out on the field wearing his own damn jersey…

That is all, just thought I'd share. And, before anyone whines about the possibility of getting hurt, he's barely trying, there are a handful of players here, but, no one D1 or league worthy. He'll be ok.

If Sean Smith was playing in a flag football tourney here I would make my way out there regardless of how bad my ankle was.

how is wearing your own "damn" jersey lame?

he worked his tail off to get to where he is....don't downgrade him for that....

I can agree with that^ but it also shows a lot of ego as well. Goes both ways.

Uh, players are supposed to wear their own jerseys. It's only lame when bands wear their own T-shirts.

Was he supposed to wear someone elses jersey??? He's a rook and probably isn't facially recognized everywhere he goes.

Game Update:

Smith played man free in the first half - he just played a lazy safety. He was mostly out there to watch his boys play - he went to PHS.

My roommate ate up the D the entire first half, caught a TD with 3 seconds left in the 1st on Smith's side. He tried to jump it and swat it down, but, roommate held on.

Sean Smith: "I don't care what y'all do, I got #28 all next half!!"

My roommate, Sean (yeah, his name is Sean too): "Dammit…"

2nd half: Smith manned up the entire half that Sean was split out wide. Sean actually made him miss his jam the first play and Smith stumbled. After that, pretty much shut down. Sean caught one pass on him - slant and go.

Smith's team won the overall game with 4 seconds left, they're playing the championship right now. Smith was a bit gassed, likely conditioning but my roommate is a good athlete, played D2 ball, so maybe a bit of both.

So, there's the recap. I think it's pretty damn cool.

And, the part about the jersey - it's just way egotistical. He's from Pasadena, everyone out there knew who he was. Not many 6'4" 215 guys come out to play flag football. ☺

Have a good one!

Game Update:

Smith played man free in the first half - he just played a lazy safety.

Maybe he should have been wearing a #28 Jersey with G. Wilson on the back, then every time he got beat yell at one of his team mates like it was their fault.

Sean Smith was a major liability last season. I pray he gets better if not there goes another hole in that defense!

Sean Smith was a major liability last season. I pray he gets better if not there goes another hole in that defense!

Wow..I am amazed at some people. Really man? You really think that maybe our front 7 was to blame for some of that space? Smith and Davis are studs. They are going to be great.

Wow..I am amazed at some people.. I feel the same way, go back and watch the tape for the 09 season it's all the evidence you need to see that the guy played lousy I would even say lazy at times , he whiffed on a lot of tackles and was beat constantly. hell the dolphins/jets game is on today on nfl network I challenge you to watch Sean Smith just key in on him and you will see what I mean. not saying he is a bust just that he was a liability last year maybe it's that he is a rookie but he struggled mightily. yes Vontae is a stud.

Back
Top Bottom