Playing Time for Tua | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playing Time for Tua

It's interesting...I look at a lot of your stuff. Your work is in-depth, analytical, and well done. You SOMETIMES come off as a bit smarmy. Were it me? I'd be far worse. Because you work harder at stuff than a lot of talking heads who get paid an obnoxious amount of money to be more wrong than you most of the time.

And I was ready to wag a finger...but then I read back, and you're right. There really isn't a prospect since Luck who was as well-regarded a prospect as Tua. No...not even Lawrence.

Well I certainly appreciate the attempt at the kind words - but no, there’s no two ways about it. I’m an a$$hole.

But I’m gonna tell it like it is even if it hairy lips The Pope.

If I tried to tell anybody Tua wasn’t it, they wouldn’t believe that either. Already tried it in regards to Chainkwon.

Nonsense. Because you don't remember me advocating for Tannehill to start day one, I must be hating on Tua by wanting him to start now? How is wanting the kid to start a negative? If Flores started him this Sunday, would you be posting that he should have kept him on the bench to learn more?

Tua's pedigree means nothing now. It's not like he recovered from the injury and continued to prove his pedigree by returning to the college game, so no one has any idea how he will look now. This is not a normal situation for him or the team. Are we seriously supposed to simply accept he is the franchise dominating QB he was just because we have seen 4 throws in practice? This is like playing the stock market and every brokerage firm's favorite disclaimer "Past results are not indicative of future results". Let the kid onto the field, and if he proves himself worthy, enter into the next draft fully aware of having zero need to draft another QB, if not, at least you haven't wasted more time and opportunity simply because you wouldn't let the kid play.

I believe he will play when its time. Be it injury to Fitzpatrick or bad play.

The rush to do it right now, is unwarranted IMO. I watched as Alex Smith kept his team competitive and the future sit with a clipboard. We seen it with Rodgers.

Forcing something right now for the sake of doing something, is lazy and irresponsible.

A lot of the People, I've noticed, who are screaming for Tua to play next year are the ones who want us to draft a speedster in the first round, so he can have someone wide open to whom he can throw. The ones who wanted Tua no matter what.

Flores has been consistent from the start and has not wavered...Flores will play the players he thinks gives the Dolphins the best chance to win. Every week after watching film the coaches discuss and decide.

The other variable I heard Flores allude to last week was when he said regarding Tua playing that he thinks of how he would feel if a coach put in his kid after a significant hip injury that happened 10 months before.

This is not a make or break year for Flores as he is under contract through 2023. I respect the approach he is taking. He coaches every week to win, while he understands the big picture. This team is still early in a full rebuild. Tua will play when and not before the coaches decide it is the right time regardless of what impatient fans want.

Sometimes you come across a post that makes perfect sense out of the thousands of dumb posts from wannabe GMs. This is one of those posts. Thanks for restoring my faith in the human race again

Well I certainly appreciate the attempt at the kind words - but no, there’s no two ways about it. I’m an a$$hole.

But I’m gonna tell it like it is even if it hairy lips The Pope.

If I tried to tell anybody Tua wasn’t it, they wouldn’t believe that either. Already tried it in regards to Chainkwon.

In this instance, I happen to agree with you (about Tua).

But as I continually tell my neighbor, “Dude, you often confuse “telling it like it is” with “telling it like you THINK it is.” They ain’t always the same thing.”

A lot of the People, I've noticed, who are screaming for Tua to play next year are the ones who want us to draft a speedster in the first round, so he can have someone wide open to whom he can throw. The ones who wanted Tua no matter what.

Surtain and Creed...although Najee Harris is awfully tempting.

In this instance, I happen to agree with you (about Tua).

But as I continually tell my neighbor, “Dude, you often confuse “telling it like it is” with “telling it like you THINK it is.” They ain’t always the same thing.”

I'm not your neighbor. Like I said before about Rosen - if you want a shot at my money all you have to do is bet against whatever it is I think. We don't have to play poker.

Jaylen Waddle? Waddle runs like the wind, but he's not what you'd call a speed guy. He's just dominant in all facets. Ruggs was more of a speed guy.

I can only speak for myself here, but personally - I didn't want Tua in Miami no matter what.

It's interesting how wide open Waddle didn't look anymore after Tua wasn't throwing him the ball. He's had to display dominant ball skills time and time again by jumping up and Mossing taller DB's at the catch point and sacrificing his body by laying out into double coverage to come down with receptions. Going all the way back to the Auburn game last year.

Mac Jones has allowed Waddle's entire set of skills to shine through. Because as great as he is, he just can't quite put it where Tua can.

I did not want to Tua, and I wanted Ruggs. And I wanted Cole McDonald!

Back
Top Bottom