Playing Time for Tua | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playing Time for Tua

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know last week there were many fans calling for the benching of Fitzpatrick and starting Tua. After yesterday, I think that is far less likely. At some point, unless, we are in the playoff hunt, Tua needs playing time this season. Why not give him the 4th quarter yesterday?

I know last week there were many fans calling for the benching of Fitzpatrick and starting Tua. After yesterday, I think that is far less likely. At some point, unless, we are in the playoff hunt, Tua needs playing time this season. Why not give him the 4th quarter yesterday?

Teams really don’t pull the starter anymore. There just isn’t a reason to chance killing the momentum and allowing a comeback. At the very least there is little chance they would put Tua in for reps week 5.

Flores pretty much has already said he’s not gonna do this. Tua May not play at all this season. Fitz has been up and down but consistently good enough to stay the starter. It’s looking more like Tua sits all year and maybe last game or 2 of the season if were mathematically eliminated from playoffs Tua starts

You don't want to play Tua in garbage time cuz what if he looks awesome? Now you've soiled a blowout win with needless QB controversy...Tua's first game will be as a starter or if Fitz gets hurt...but right now he's sidelined and getting hungry...love it

Flores pretty much has already said he’s not gonna do this. Tua May not play at all this season. Fitz has been up and down but consistently good enough to stay the starter. It’s looking more like Tua sits all year and maybe last game or 2 of the season if were mathematically eliminated from playoffs Tua starts
I've been saying this all along. I want Tua to start but I dont think Flores and company wNt him to see the field at all This season.

I noticed in the 4th quarter we had alot of backups in on defense .
I thought maybe Flores would put Tua in the last series to at least hand off the ball, just to get a little taste of live action.
Flores has a plan and he is sticking to it.
Its working so far.
We are vastly improved from last year.
I have faith in him.
He knows better than anyone on this board.

I was hoping he'd get in the last series. My goal is to get him in a few plays and get in-game jitters behind him, or, at a minimum, reduce the jitters when he's playing when it matters. A series of nothing but hand-offs would help.

I think when we got the ball with 7 minutes that was perfect Tua time

I didn't want to see Tua go in to hand the ball off and try to run out the clock. I don't think there's anything to be gained by that. When he goes into a game it needs to be a situation where he's reading coverages, facing an NFL pass rush and building a relationship with receivers. I'm sure he has the whole take a snap and turn and hand it to a back thing down pretty good.

I saw it said perfectly on TV yesterday, and it was that teams pull their assets during a blowout, and Tua is Miami's #1 asset.
IMO, with the Jets possibly getting Trevor Lawrence, the Fins MUST place Tua in situations where he can at least get his feet wet. There are 3 QBs worthy of 1st round consideration in the 2021 draft. I'd hate to think they go to the Pats and Jets..without Tua being tested. Better to see NOW if his hip will be a non-issue?

IMO, with the Jets possibly getting Trevor Lawrence, the Fins MUST place Tua in situations where he can at least get his feet wet. There are 3 QBs worthy of 1st round consideration in the 2021 draft. I'd hate to think they go to the Pats and Jets..without Tua being tested. Better to see NOW if his hip will be a non-issue?

He had surgery on said hip last November. Why is his health not a factor in this dynamic?

If Tua never gets hurt, Miami never gets him. And he plays game 1. But he did, we did and he didn't get the start.

Back
Top Bottom