Playoff Picture Simplified | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoff Picture Simplified

I still think we need to finish 10-6 to realistically get in, too many things would have to flow just right for 9-7 to do it. There should be no fear though going into any of these last 3 games,none of our opponents are world beaters.

Thanks for putting that together. This last game had more downfield throws and appeared to be a more un-conservative game. I'm hoping that Loggains had something to do with that simply because it seemed very un-Gase like, and for the better I might add. The team is hurt with injuries, but the players on the field seemed to have taken a "Lean on me, I got this approach."

Or have Pitt LOSE 2 of 3 and they finish out of pkayoffs at 8-7-1. that is probably mire realistic. If they win 2 of 3, Baltimore HAS to lose to chargers or cleveland.
That is my fear. If Steelers go 8-7-1 who will be tied with us and Colts at 9-7? If it is Titans they can’t lose to the Colts week 17 because we would still lose tiebreaker to colts since they beat us and swept Titans, would have to hope broncos somehow come out 9-7 or hope Titans beat colts week 17..... we just need to win out for most realistic shot!

The hardest thing will be for us to win one the road twice in 3 weeks......right now we're 1-5 away from home so we haven't been a good road team this year. That last Bills game could be a real bad weather game. Gore would need a big game if it's snowing bad but that game won't matter unless we win this week first. Yes I know we could lose this week and still get in but too many thing would need to happen so a win this week is huge.

The hardest thing will be for us to win one the road twice in 3 weeks......right now we're 1-5 away from home so we haven't been a good road team this year. That last Bills game could be a real bad weather game. Gore would need a big game if it's snowing bad but that game won't matter unless we win this week first. Yes I know we could lose this week and still get in but too many thing would need to happen so a win this week is huge.

Drake could be more dangerous than Gore in a bad weather game. If one defender slips or makes a false move, that can be 6 points.

of all the teams, i think we have the best opp to go 10-6.

maybe not the best chance, but the best opportunity.

That would be a stunning finish. i predicted 11-5 this year, but we should be nowhere near that with the injuries weve had.

I mentioned the home record versus the away record in another thread. It is quite shockingly different 6-1 home, 1-5 road. Not sure why that is, perhaps it's a quirk of the schedule, generally seeing tougher away games, perhaps we've created a better home field advantage (my mind goes back to the Oakland and Bears game where we saw the opposition HC's losing about 20 pounds in sweat) or perhaps we are just not prepared to play games on the road. But whatever it is, Gase has to get it fixed for this run in, we have to win both of them, Tannehill has never won in Buffalo but this surely represents his best chance.

yeah something has to give. If we can't win on the road then we're not a playoff team

I think all three games are winnable, but I have seen this movie before. Buffalo may be the hardest of the three if we can’t stop the QB from running. Still, there is reason for hope, which is a good feeling. Time to show whether or not there has actually been a culture change or not.

BTW, I know the odds are overwhelmingly against it, but I still think it is possible that the division may be obtainable. There just seems to be a different feel to things this year.

Forgive me -- I appreciate OPs work -- but WHY (?) is this so uninteresting to me?

We win the next 2 then we can talk about playoff possibilities.

That kinda talk now in Dolphinland (with our football karma) is

pretty much guaranteed to backfire so just SHUT UP and

take it 1 game at a time!

Back
Top Bottom