Playoff Picture Simplified | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoff Picture Simplified

Forgive me -- I appreciate OPs work -- but WHY (?) is this so uninteresting to me?

We win the next 2 then we can talk about playoff possibilities.

That kinda talk now in Dolphinland (with our football karma) is

pretty much guaranteed to backfire so just SHUT UP and

take it 1 game at a time!

I thiught my post was so much more interesting than yours. And i even included that first sentence EXACTLY for people like you.

you’re welcome!

.. i think an overwhelming majority here enjoy a post laying out clearly in one place what the status quo is. I myself was surprised at how positive our position is.

Last edited:
I don’t know what is going to happen but all I can say is that I am glad the team is relevant this late in the season. Yes that would be great if they could have a chance at the division but we know how difficult that is with the Pats being as good as they always are.

Happy we have a chance at the playoffs. But i hate that it's always based on if X happens and Y happens then we *could* get in.

I'm patiently waiting for the day this team makes the playoffs without assistance from anyone.

Those days are pretty much history in the AFC, unless you clinch your division. An AFC wild card is nowadays more about who LOSES in relation to you than your own wins.

Happy we have a chance at the playoffs. But i hate that it's always based on if X happens and Y happens then we *could* get in.

I'm patiently waiting for the day this team makes the playoffs without assistance from anyone.

Same. The 6th seed is not particularly interesting to me. There have been some examples of teams thriving from that spot but they were teams that either led the league in YPPA Differential or within the top handful. We are second to last.

In the decades I have followed that stat I have never seen a team anywhere close to that low make the playoffs. I still don't think it is acknowledged around here how bizarre our won/loss record is, given key statistical categories like pass defense.

I remember how deflated Don Shula always was, when the Dolphins needed help. Basically no energy in his voice. He would bemoan, "We don't control our own destiny."

I predicted 9-7 so this season is turning out roughly as I expected from a bottom line standpoint, although the path is astonishing. If the Dolphins do wind up with 9 or 10 regular season victories, I am predicting 8-8 for next year. That will not be popular around here. The way this season is playing out I'm sure it will be an offseason flooded with projections of 11 or 12 wins, if not higher, in 2019. "Just wait until Tannehill is healthier and plays a full season...we get Wilson and Grant back...not as many injuries...Brady a year older....etc, etc, etc."

I don't favor that type of subjective adjustment-based thought. It is a bounce league, which is why a team that dropped from 10 wins in 2016 to 6 in 2017 was eligible and likely to rebound in 2018. But if we go from 6 wins to 9 or 10, then the opposite path becomes most likely, which is why I forecast a drop off to 8-8.

Forgive me -- I appreciate OPs work -- but WHY (?) is this so uninteresting to me?

We win the next 2 then we can talk about playoff possibilities.

That kinda talk now in Dolphinland (with our football karma) is

pretty much guaranteed to backfire so just SHUT UP and

take it 1 game at a time!
You are never forced to read a post and you are never forced to respond to a post.

Reality is...champions go on runs to close seasons out...so if we don’t run the table winning the final 5....it would confirm we are a pretender....so I am hoping to see that run.

The key thing is Tannehill taking his game consistently to a higher level...making the plays at crunch time that wins games.

I am intrigued to see if he can do it...or if he just returns to the mediocre inconsistent Tannehill we’ve come to know.

I’m rooting for him!

How is this for simplified...the Dolphins have to play every game like it's the play offs from here on out. Take one game at a time and this week focus on the Vikings and don't worry about anything else. Take care of what they can control and everything else will fall into place. The Dolphins need to play better on special teams and continue to play balanced on offense. The defense needs to step it up and get some turnovers and three and outs, especially on the road. Get out to a big lead and keep the pedal to the floor and take the crowd out of it. The play offs started last Sunday and will continue from here on out, no room for slip ups.

Wasn't it reported that Parker was a healthy scratch in the beginning of the season because of Gase? I vaguely remember reading that at some point with his agent all fired up.

Wasn't it reported that Parker was a healthy scratch in the beginning of the season because of Gase? I vaguely remember reading that at some point with his agent all fired up.
Yeah. He had the broken finger. He (and his agent) thought his finger was good enough to play, Gase held him out.

The agent groused, Parker said the agent went off on his own and it wasn't reflective of his thoughts on the issue.

Who knows what was actually going on behind the scenes then.

Yeah. He had the broken finger. He (and his agent) thought his finger was good enough to play, Gase held him out.

The agent groused, Parker said the agent went off on his own and it wasn't reflective of his thoughts on the issue.

Who knows what was actually going on behind the scenes then.
Interesting. I forgot to follow up in that when I was travelling and it never came up again. Thanks.

And to your original point about rankings having us at 3 or 4 wins for the season, all of us here knew that was sh*t. No one could have predicted the hospital Miami would become though, so it is a testament to the perseverance of some of these players.

Tannehill and Tunsil specifically in the NE game were awesome. I still won't give credit for Larsen for being in the right place at the right time, I equate it to big fatty dumb luck. He still needs to go.... But I digress...

there’s actually people
here ^ claimimg if dolphins dont win 5 straight theyre pretenders, and if THill doesnt will this broken team to the playoffs then he’s no good.

Do these people go through life like this- oblivious to facts that stare them in the face? That the Dolphins stand 7-6 after their injury situations this year is an incredible feat. if they make the playoffs somehow- almost bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom