"Playoffs?! Don't Talk About Playoffs! Are You Kidding Me?" - Jim Mora | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Playoffs?! Don't Talk About Playoffs! Are You Kidding Me?" - Jim Mora

DDTDON said:
Great read. I would also like to say, do not merge this mods, please. This was a good post. Keep it up.
:dolphins:

Thanks. Oddly, tmny99 has a similar post titled "So I just watched the Jax-Buff game". That's a good read, too. I would post analyses like this more often, but the research can be hellish. It took me nealy half of the day yesterday (on and off for a total of about 2 hours) to write this. I have always wanted to be a sportswriter, but have taken a different route in school. At least I can play one one Finheaven. THANKS FINHEAVEN!! :lol:

First let me express this was a terrific post.
I can't agree with your analysis, I see a strong opponent with huge o-liners, strong backfield, a regular tandem of receivers and a good QB at offense. Their gameplan is very simple, effective and has few tricky plays.
Those are big things to deal, because we have a very light nose tackle, i have several doubts about our running defense. Without Traylor our beloved Dolphins need to be very agresive and our secondary must do a perfect game. My biggest concerns are on injuring our LBs. Just to make it clearer, if they run well the ball and our secondary becomes a tackling line, this game will be out of control, because they'll handle the clock, put a lot of points and leaving so much preassure over Joey and company.
This may become specially hard because we lack of Ronnie, and even Sammy may put good running yards, i can't figure him overloaded.
On the other hand if they can't run the ball, this may impact on hurring them to throw and this is where I see big chances in that situation.
Because of that, this may be a great game for Olindo Mare.

I also think that Miami needs to expose that Jacksonville secondary. If they loosen up the defense, Miami could run the ball later in the game

Great post. I get tired of reading all the playoff posts too. I like to take it one game at a time. This is going to be a hard game to win if we have any turnovers or big penalties.

MexDolfan said:
First let me express this was a terrific post.
I can't agree with your analysis, I see a strong opponent with huge o-liners, strong backfield, a regular tandem of receivers and a good QB at offense. Their gameplan is very simple, effective and has few tricky plays.
Those are big things to deal, because we have a very light nose tackle, i have several doubts about our running defense. Without Traylor our beloved Dolphins need to be very agresive and our secondary must do a perfect game. My biggest concerns are on injuring our LBs. Just to make it clearer, if they run well the ball and our secondary becomes a tackling line, this game will be out of control, because they'll handle the clock, put a lot of points and leaving so much preassure over Joey and company.
This may become specially hard because we lack of Ronnie, and even Sammy may put good running yards, i can't figure him overloaded.
On the other hand if they can't run the ball, this may impact on hurring them to throw and this is where I see big chances in that situation.
Because of that, this may be a great game for Olindo Mare.

I thought I read somewhere that Traylor is active for this game? I may be wrong, but I'm hoping he's in!

The reason I think Jax will try to throw deep early is that their WRs should have the advantage with their height. I believe they use the play-action early (I wouldn't be surprised if they used it on their very first play of their first drive) to throw Miami off. If they succeed, this opens up plenty of options for them later in the game, including that, if they have a decent lead late, they use it to seal the deal.

Back
Top Bottom