Plays that go against Ballage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plays that go against Ballage

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So I think we all can agree that the OL has been up and down at best this year. At the same time though, I don't think people give Ballage enough flak (even if he gets a lot). Ballage is having a historically awful season, and courtesy of the great Travis Wingfield (who does post here) here are a couple plays where the OL blocked very well but Ballage's lack of vision and patience ended the play...

The one below Davenport doesn't have the greatest block, but he had enough of the man for Ballage to get by

I'm sure you can find more examples. But some of these beg the question, how much of the running game is the OL not being up to snuff, and how much of it is Ballage just not being good?

Edit: Just going to add some more plays for discussion as I find them

Not a lot of space, but there is a small hole at the beginning vs Pittsburgh

Not really anyplace to go, but Ballage also doesn't help with his lack of a plan running (coming to a complete stop rather than making a decision)

Just for fun, a look at Ballage dropping a likely TD

Pretty well defended, so wouldn't be a big run, but surely he should have gotten more yards than he did?

Last edited:
This is one of those cases where the eye test lines up with the analytics and stats.

Ballage is not good, does not have vision, and somehow goes down at first contact with relative ease based on his size/speed.

I'd rather give carries to literally anyone else on the RB squad.

So I think we all can agree that the OL has been up and down at best this year. At the same time though, I don't think people give Ballage enough flak (even if he gets a lot). Ballage is having a historically awful season, and courtesy of the great Travis Wingfield (who does post here) here are a couple plays where the OL blocked very well but Ballage's lack of vision and patience ended the play...

The one below Davenport doesn't have the greatest block, but he had enough of the man for Ballage to get by

I'm sure you can find more examples. But some of these beg the question, how much of the running game is the OL not being up to snuff, and how much of it is Ballage just not being good?

Edit: Just going to add some more plays for discussion as I find them

Not a lot of space, but there is a small hole at the beginning vs Pittsburgh

Not really anyplace to go, but Ballage also doesn't help with his lack of a plan running (coming to a complete stop rather than making a decision)

Just for fun, a look at Ballage dropping a likely TD

Pretty well defended, so wouldn't be a big run, but surely he should have gotten more yards than he did?

As always, Chambers, thank you for the insight. Like a lot of us, I was enamored with Ballage but I now realize that he is really terrible. Hopefully, he'll be gone this off-season.

Wow, thanks for confirming what my eyes see. Wtf are the coaches thinking by playing this camp fodder player.

Ballage wont be a Dolphin next year. Dude is the worst RB I ever seen.

As I said in the Laird thread, it’s not just Oline. He’s had holes and fails time and time again to capitalize.

after seeing this, which my eyes have confirmed seeing his lack of running skills, i wonder why is our coach set on continuing to name him the starter? I just dont understand what justifies his thinking. Im sure if we, as fans, can see Balage lack of playing skills our players must see that too. I wonder what the players think of our coach who keeps giving the start to a player who just doest deserve that privilege.

Back
Top Bottom