Please Chris Grier...Don’t “Andrew Luck” our future QB! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please Chris Grier...Don’t “Andrew Luck” our future QB!

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
I post this because we’ve just witnessed a special QB end his career earlier than it should have been...and why was this?

It happened because the Colts waited until 2018 to finally build an O-line around Andrew Luck....and just when they were ready to win it all...the QB’s body and mind had taken enough punishment and beating and it’s over!

I expect this team to draft a QB number one overall and along with Josh Rosen this team will have an exciting QB room once again.

Please prioritize building an O-line in 2020...I don’t care if it means waiting till 2021 to add an edge rusher or whatever....build this O -line...learn from the Colts mistake!

Hopefully, watching Fitz and now Rosen QB this team behind the porous O-Line will burn the impression in their mind. However, Grier watched as Tannehill (pbuh) was beaten and broken.

A mix of the draft & free agents for the o/line & d/line will go a long way to make this team good again.......

I post this because we’ve just witnessed a special QB end his career earlier than it should have been...and why was this?

It happened because the Colts waited until 2018 to finally build an O-line around Andrew Luck....and just when they were ready to win it all...the QB’s body and mind had taken enough punishment and beating and it’s over!

I expect this team to draft a QB number one overall and along with Josh Rosen this team will have an exciting QB room once again.

Please prioritize building an O-line in 2020...I don’t care if it means waiting till 2021 to add an edge rusher or whatever....build this O -line...learn from the Colts mistake!

After QB, Miami needs help at OL and WR above all else. If you put together a solid OL without giving the QB anyone to throw to, the QB is just going to be holding the ball, waiting for receivers to uncover, and the line can't block forever.

Hopefully, watching Fitz and now Rosen QB this team behind the porous O-Line will burn the impression in their mind. However, Grier watched as Tannehill (pbuh) was beaten and broken.

True... and the scary part is this team actually did expel 4 first round picks on the O-line in the last decade and still failed.

I think they need at least two lineman from free agency (Brandon Scherff please)....and draft two high.

After QB, Miami needs help at OL and WR above all else. If you put together a solid OL without giving the QB anyone to throw to, the QB is just going to be holding the ball, waiting for receivers to uncover, and the line can't block forever.

Agreed...I am hopeful Preston Williams settles down and loses the jitters and dropsies...he has special talent.

After him and possibly Gesicki...I have little love for this receiver Corp.

If just one of those receivers had caught one of those two nice long balls Rosen tossed it would have greatly changed some perceptions.

I agree. Two O-line guys in free agency would be a god start. The once you draft the QB you draft one more O-line guy plus a WR all in round one. We have 3 picks so if we get the top pick then I'd go Tua then WR and O-line or Oline then WR.
It all depends on who you get in free agency. Say we get one guard and one tackle in free agency then you draft a Center plus a WR.
Day two we have 4 picks so DE/S/Corner and RB are all in play with those 4 picks or you could use one of those picks on yet another o-line guy.

Agreed...I am hopeful Preston Williams settles down and loses the jitters and dropsies...he has special talent.

After him and possibly Gesicki...I have little love for this receiver Corp.

If just one of those receivers had caught one of those two nice long balls Rosen tossed it would have greatly changed some perceptions.
The pass for Grant hit him right in his hands/face. The one to Williams would not have been a TD as he'd have landed at least one foot out of bounds. I'm not worry about Williams. That was not as easy as it looked imo.

If the Steelers pick is high enough, getting Tua and Jeudy would be amazing, and then my other 1st rounder, one or possibly both of my 2nds , and my free agency priority would be Oline.

I'd want to build an offense immediately that could be one of the best rushing offenses in the league which would help Tua out immensely, both from a protection standpoint and a playaction standpoint. It would also help the defense through time of possession.

If the Steelers pick is high enough, getting Tua and Jeudy would be amazing, and then my other 1st rounder, one or possibly both of my 2nds , and my free agency priority would be Oline.

I'd want to build an offense immediately that could be one of the best rushing offenses in the league which would help Tua out immensely, both from a protection standpoint and a playaction standpoint. It would also help the defense through time of possession.
I think Shenault would be more realistic. I doubt Pitt's pick would be that high. Jeudy could go top 3 but I'd be happy with Shenault or even one of the other WR's......there's about 7 WR's worth taking in round one to early round 2

True... and the scary part is this team actually did expel 4 first round picks on the O-line in the last decade and still failed.

I think they need at least two lineman from free agency (Brandon Scherff please)....and draft two high.

Yes they did, and the front office was roundly critisized by this forum for picking O linemen in the 1st rounds with the common cry being "O linemen can be picked in the 5th and 6th rounds.'

I think Shenault would be more realistic. I doubt Pitt's pick would be that high. Jeudy could go top 3 but I'd be happy with Shenault or even one of the other WR's......there's about 7 WR's worth taking in round one to early round 2

Check out Pittsburgh’s schedule...I have them winning 4 games.

I would love to come out of this draft with Tristan Wirfs and Tyler Biadasz....my point was let’s put a line in front of Josh, Tua or whoever we draft.

Draft those two, sign Brandon Sherf in free agency... and you got a smash mouth O-line!

Back
Top Bottom