please end this argument for me!!

SkapePhin said:
Best Coaches All-Time:
1.Belichick
2.Lombardi
3.Shula
4.Knoll
5.Saban. :)

i hope your top 5 was a joke if it was lol if not your crazy to say belichick is better than shula come on shula had 2 losing seasons in like 32 years bill has had 5 in 10 give me a break, that is sad comming from a fins fan!

I think Halas, Lombardi and Shula could all be considered #1. It's tough to argue against any of those 3.

Belichec is a great coach, and to me is head and shoulders above Parcells. The way Beli gets his players to play at probowl levels when those guys would probably be on the bench elsewhere is amazing. His gameplaning is among the best ever also....... Just ask Payton Manning!!!

SkapePhin said:
Best Coaches All-Time:
1.Belichick
2.Lombardi
3.Shula
4.Knoll

Belichick atnumber one is really premature. Belichick has done a great job with this group of players, as did Chuck Noll when he won 4 superbowls with the Steelers. However to be considered the greatest of all time longevity has to come into play. Shula, more so than any other coach demonstrated he could win games with different types of players at different times running different schemes. Belichick may yet do that but let see if he wins once he no longer has Brady at QB and gets someone like David Woodley in there.....

I hate Parcells......most overrated person in all of sports hands-down. He won 2 superbowls with dominant defensive talent (and Bill Belichick) and hasn't done **** since. People want to say that he had success everywhere he went....but f*ck that. He took a talented Patriot team to the SB, but was the single-biggest reason why they lost.......he was average with the Jets. WOW! He won 1 playoff game I think....big ****, Wannstedt's done that. Same with the Cowboys....got them to 10-6 in the dilluted NFC (remember what we did to them??) and then they regressed back to where they were the next year. Parcells sucks.

Belichick is 10x better than him. Shula's still got Belichick by a little IMO.....for now.

rickysux said:
me and my friend were talking about greatest coaches of all time and i of corse said don shula was my #1 but i also love parcells as a coach and motivator. my buddy said bill belichick would rank higer than parcells all time, i dont think so, belichick is a great coach but is he better than parcels?

Parcells is a great motivator, maybe one of the best ever, but when one considers all time great head coaches, he is not one of them, while belichick could be.

Parcells had horrible seasons with the Giants, with the Patriots, with the Jets, and with the Cowboys. Consistancy is something very important to prove you are a great head coach, and if you fail, the next season you need to come back and prove your self, Parcells, just quits when he thinks he is done.

Parcells making the HOF only shows that he is one of the most overrated Head coaches of all time. And let's hope no one ever says the names of Parcells and Shula in the same sentence.

I'll end this argument right now.....

Belichick OWNS Parcells

Parcells is bringing in Vinny T., Bledsoe, Keyshawn, Eddie G., etc. Guys that arent good nemore. A good coach wouldn;t bring in such Used up talents

SkapePhin said:
Best Coaches All-Time:
1.Belichick
2.Lombardi
3.Shula
4.Knoll

Along with Saban (Which is an obvious Joke), please tell me you are joking, because no way is Belichick better then Shula.

1. Lombardi
2. Shula
3. Landry
4. Knoll
5. Belichick (Maybe)

dolfreak said:
I'll end this argument right now.....

Belichick OWNS Parcells

Parcells is bringing in Vinny T., Bledsoe, Keyshawn, Eddie G., etc. Guys that arent good nemore. A good coach wouldn;t bring in such Used up talents

:chuckle: Yup

SkapePhin said:
Best Coaches All-Time:
1.Belichick
2.Lombardi
3.Shula
4.Knoll

Pretty darned good list in my opinion. I think though until he proves it in the NFL, putting Saban 5th is wishful thinking. The other name who deserves to be top 5 is Bill Walsh, IMO.

Parcells went to Dallas with the mentality that "his" guys would get them over the hump.....apparently the older the QB the better chance you have of sucking huh Bill???

Back
Top Bottom