please end this argument for me!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

please end this argument for me!!

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
me and my friend were talking about greatest coaches of all time and i of corse said don shula was my #1 but i also love parcells as a coach and motivator. my buddy said bill belichick would rank higer than parcells all time, i dont think so, belichick is a great coach but is he better than parcels?

When you consider that Belichick has won 3 SB w/o Parcells while Parcells hasn't won any w/o Belichick I would give that edge to Belichick.

belichick is a good coach and he deserves his kudos but you have to look at what parcells did for every team he has come in contact with he has made them winners, belichick can only say that about the pats, because he did awful when he was coaching the browns, so if you were rating coaches that only succeeded with one team belichick would rank higher but if you were to factor in overall success with all the teams the two have come in contact with parcells would be the better of the two

Good point about Belichick only being successful with the Pats, and not the Brownies. Parcells has turned around every team he`s coached.....though the Cowboys sure slipped back down last season. I don`t think I could pick between the two....nor do I really care `cause Shula will always be 1# in my book.

jnewmant said:
because he did awful when he was coaching the browns,

Belichick gets a bad rap during his time in Cleveland.

First off, he inherited a pathetic 3-13 team, took 2 years to completely gut the roster and then had the Browns in the playoffs his 4th year.

All the while dealing with an idiotic owner who he clashed with severly.

Belichick certainly didn't set the world on fire during his time in Cleveland, but to say he did "awful" under the circumstances is not correct either.

Look at where the two of them stand today. BB is on a team with an owner that refuses to spend money (on coaches or players), while BP is on a team that is proud of the fact that they have money growing on the team trees. I think BB has done more in less time, and with fewer resources than BP hands down. Without looking at what the two of them were doing 10 years ago, who would you want coaching YOUR team today? BB without a doubt.

rickysux said:
me and my friend were talking about greatest coaches of all time and i of corse said don shula was my #1 but i also love parcells as a coach and motivator. my buddy said bill belichick would rank higer than parcells all time, i dont think so, belichick is a great coach but is he better than parcels?

I think BB will rank ahead of Parcells in the end, if not now because he is not a quitter...Parcells gets a team going and then quits on them..he'll do it in Dallas soon too. Same with JJ...He quit on us, UM, and Dallas...There is something that bothers me when a coach talks about burnout (Vermiel, Parcells, JJ)...great coaches that tend to quit on their teams and organizations. Give me a Nolls, Shula, Brown, BB, any day before those other guys...

Parcells last SB win was a fluke because of the bills idiot kicker. He could motivate players in the 80's and 90's, now he'll just get a dirty towel thrown in his face.

Best Coaches All-Time:
1.Belichick
2.Lombardi
3.Shula
4.Knoll
5.Saban. :)

love Shula of course, but I think Chuck Noll has to be in any debate about greatest coaches.

PatsFanTX said:
Belichick gets a bad rap during his time in Cleveland.

First off, he inherited a pathetic 3-13 team, took 2 years to completely gut the roster and then had the Browns in the playoffs his 4th year.

All the while dealing with an idiotic owner who he clashed with severly.

Belichick certainly didn't set the world on fire during his time in Cleveland, but to say he did "awful" under the circumstances is not correct either.

excuses, excuses

Back
Top Bottom