Please Explain this one, I need your feedback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please Explain this one, I need your feedback

Phinsdude

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ok, here's the situation.

Antuan Edwards is cut, and not Bell, but Arturo Freeman now had his starting job. If you remember him in the Preseason, he took the news like a little girl. Hats off to Vernon Carey, Jay Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, for all going through the same situation, Sage being the one that didn't even get a chance. Now, Freeman is the starter. Here's what gets me.
Arturo is due a base salary of 3 million dollars next year, on the last year of his two year deal. That's a lot of money for a safety, especially a second teamer. His cap number is higher then 3 million. We are 18 million over the salary cap. Why would we promote him. Why not just put Bell in. It's obvious Freeman is not the future of for our secondary. Sammy Knight makes 1/3 that, and forget the speed thing, Sammy Knight is a play maker. Doesn't make any sense to me. Even if we trade Arturo, we would have a cap hit.
Is Arturo worth the money? What do you guys think.

I think it will be Bell next year and Freeman will be cut or most likely restructured. Edwards was cut for performance reasons. I think that sends a strong message to the rest of the team. Under Wannstedt if you performed poorly you were rewarded with a new contract and permenant starter status.

I too believe the cut was to let everybody on the team know that they are not safe, they better play or they can go elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom