Please God hear a Dolphin Fan's prayer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please God hear a Dolphin Fan's prayer

not a chance martz is not a good HC we shold look for a better HC

Yes, we can do better in the short term. Some think that because we have a ready made defense that hiring Mike Martz would accelerate the offense to the point that we would be superbowl contenders.

I think his offense could be the demise of this defense, because the way he calls the plays, the defense is going to be on the field a long time. Mike Martz doesn't run the ball. His offense in Detroit ran the ball less than any other team in the NFL. Mike Martz is pass happy and leaves his quarterback and defense hanging out to dry with his desire to throw the ball 40+ times a game.

So let me get this straight, you don't want a high powerd O that scores a lot of points "quickly", becasue our D would be worn out? I see, besides the obvious difference in points (a whole lot more points and firepower with Martz's O) what would be different then what the D plays now??? Are you saying the D that plays a whole lot now and keeps us in games, won't work as well if they have to play a whole lot, but we score a lot of points??? I'm a little confused. It sounds to me like you just don't like Martz, and that's fine you can choose who you like, but don't make a poor argument just because you don't like him. Everywhere Martz has been he's produced on the offensive side of the ball, where are we the weakest? The offensive side of the ball, Defense is great and running the ball is great, but wins are better. Lets get this team back to winning. If Martz can be a short term thing while we wait for a better long term option, it's a no brainer. Would you rather be a winning team next year or 3 years from now??

Where is everyone seeing Huizenga's plane in Detroit today? I only see it in Detroit on the 10th.

This offense doesnt have gthe weapons that the Lions and Rams have.

I am scared of this idea but if he is hired I hope he drafts instant offense with the 1st pick.

So let me get this straight, you don't want a high powerd O that scores a lot of points "quickly", becasue our D would be worn out? I see, besides the obvious difference in points (a whole lot more points and firepower with Martz's O) what would be different then what the D plays now??? Are you saying the D that plays a whole lot now and keeps us in games, won't work as well if they have to play a whole lot, but we score a lot of points???

This year our offense was just plain bad. IMO, if you want to run an attacking defense you need an offense which is capable of sustaining long drives. It's been stated previously, and more eloquently than I, that there is a downside to the high octane Martz attack. Sacks and interceptions primarily, and well as a lot of "3 and outs" which all put more pressure on your defense.

I know that's what happened this year--that's the result of inferior offensive talent and bad play calling. If your offensive and defensive styles do not complement each other, you will never achieve what the Patriots have done... and that should be our goal.

Mike Martz sounds good to me...maybe if Wayne throws in a couple of cheeseburgers the Lions will send Millen as a package deal :sidelol:

I seriously wouldn't have a problem with god striking you down right now. Mike Martz? No thank you. Great job he did with the Lions eh.

Where is everyone seeing Huizenga's plane in Detroit today? I only see it in Detroit on the 10th.
Ya, I was thinking the same thing. That was the initial interview; he hasnt been to Detriot twice. I think someone saw the flight record and assumed it was more recent.

Back
Top Bottom