please please please! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

please please please!

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Will everyone stop trying to look like a genius by shedding light on situation that are in the past. If you do this you know who you are. Everyone here can look back and say the Chargers were so stupid for taking LEaf w/the #2 pick, but the fact is everyother team would have taken him if he fell to them. Hindsight is always 20-20, and you look like a moron if that is all you have to base your opinon on. Unless you were here being vocal about a given situation or player before it happend, no one wants to hear you now. So peace and stay funky.

I couldn't agree with you more...

Originally posted by Dajesus
Will everyone stop trying to look like a genius by shedding light on situation that are in the past. If you do this you know who you are. Everyone here can look back and say the Chargers were so stupid for taking LEaf w/the #2 pick, but the fact is everyother team would have taken him if he fell to them. Hindsight is always 20-20, and you look like a moron if that is all you have to base your opinon on. Unless you were here being vocal about a given situation or player before it happend, no one wants to hear you now. So peace and stay funky.

... I have no idea why some ppl think saying I would have done this or that would make any1 think oh sheesh that person sure sounds like they know their stuff.

For me it's always been the opposite, my radar goes off when I see some1 do this. Especially when some posters try and make a living off that so to speak.

At some point those ppl have other ppl keep track of their ramblings and in no time they are exposed. A certain new poster here is now well known for this behavior, and more.

Oliver...

one thing you can be sure of!

the dolphin management will suprise the crap out of us again this year, with their picks and trades! when they signed fletcher last yesr i thought, WTF!;) :p

I hated the Fletcher pick, and said before last draft "I just hope they dont pick a db", but afterwards I could see Dave's reasoning. He has 2 very talented cbs, but both make alot of money, and it is doubtfull that both will be here when their carreer ends, why not start preparing for the future. I think the main factor is he did not want to start a qb controversy. Jay has enough preasure he didn't need Brees breathing down his neck.

Yeah, but what I would have done is.....

.....just kidding.Why do I think I know who you mean Oliver?
A certain new poster here is now well known for this behavior, and more.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I hated the Fletcher pick, and said before last draft "I just hope they dont pick a db", but afterwards I could see Dave's reasoning. He has 2 very talented cbs, but both make alot of money, and it is doubtfull that both will be here when their carreer ends, why not start preparing for the future. I think the main factor is he did not want to start a qb controversy. Jay has enough preasure he didn't need Brees breathing down his neck.

BTW - we took Fletcher because Wanne was sickened by our lack of a 3rd CB and how it allowed the Jets to win "the nightmare"

there were at least 2 games..........

Originally posted by dolphan39

BTW - we took Fletcher because Wanne was sickened by our lack of a 3rd CB and how it allowed the Jets to win "the nightmare"
we should have beaten the jets without a 3rd cornerback, if the darn defense didn't go home at halftime!:(

they might drop surtain this year!

but i relly thought that last year, they had obtained fletcher as a blue chip for trading purposes!:D

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Cousin is good enough as a third CB anyway.
I agree, unfortunately, he is a FA; and at the time of the draft they did not know Cousins w/b so good

I'm confused...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Cousin is good enough as a third CB anyway.

...you make this statement like the Dolphins knew that Cousin would have played as well as he did. Cousin was signed for depth and Fletcher was thought of as being the starting 3rd down CB, which is essentially a starters position in modern football.

It's not a BAD thing that Cousin played so well last year, it's a blessing. This allowed Fletcher to get just enough seasoning for this year. The Dolphins were very fortunate that they are able to bring along Fletcher much like they did Madison and Surtain.

When I 1st heard that we picked a CB I was also confused and angry. Once my brain started working again it made complete sense, especially with the Jets drafting Moss before we drafted Fletcher. Not to mention a few picks later the Colts drafting Wayne.

We all have to remember CB's to do not mature in 1-year or even 2-years. This was a pick for the future.

Oliver...

Well we can sign Cousin to a 3 year deal around 800K per, and deal Fletcher and our first rounder to Cincy for their first rounder. They need a CB badly and Jammer won't be around when they pick. I may be dreaming in this post, but anything is possible. :)

Re: there were at least 2 games..........

Originally posted by dolfan06
we should have beaten the jets without a 3rd cornerback, if the darn defense didn't go home at halftime!:(

I think the "prevent" defense kept us from keeping the lead.

Prevent=Prevents you from winning

Re: Re: there were at least 2 games..........

Originally posted by booyeah_

I think the "prevent" defense kept us from keeping the lead.

Prevent=Prevents you from winning
good grief, i don't know how many times i have said that myself, its true, but how many times!:rolleyes:

not to mention the prevent O: run twice up the gut and do a draw or screen on 3rd down

Back
Top Bottom