Please Trade Back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please Trade Back

I also have less confidence in our trade up abilities. Did we not trade up for Deon Jordan and Caroo?

Most of the articles seem to agree regarding our needs- OL, DT, LB, TE, QB to groom, and safety or corner.
It seems to me that to do even some of this we need more picks. I hope we trade back to the 20s and receive one or two picks.

I'm inclined against it. If, as most expect, 4 QBs, Chubb, Barkley, James go above, say, top 10, there will be a top talent at #11. That will not be true in the 20's.

If we can trade with GB, we could possibly double dip. Trade down twice.

There is about 9 or 10 elite level players in this draft. If you have one at 11, unless someone is giving up a kings ransom, you stay there and get yourself an elite level prospect. If we were 13-15 I would agree.

It goes without saying that ALL of us want more picks and ALL of us want to keep the 11th pick at the same time.

If your going to be a team that trades back it needs to be a long term philosophy rather than something you just decide to do 9 before the draft.

Without knowing who's available at 11 and what offer's your receiving, it's a moot point one way or the other.

Keep in mind our biggest single need is a TE and that won't come in the first round, a trade down might ensure they get their TE in the 2nd round. All scenario's will be in play for Miami at 11.

What does it matter? Are those two entering the draft again? No.

Well you can’t bash on trade ups because those players aren’t entering the draft again.

Also, every year that draft is full of Koa Misi’s and Odricks. Average players who get overdrafted.

People say "History repeats itself"
Anyone remember the 2010 draft when we traded back with San Diego

We moved from #12 to #28 (missing out on a future hall of fame safety)

• San Diego's first-round pick (28th overall—used to select Penn State defensive end Jared Odrick)
  • San Diego's second-round pick (40th overall) Koa Misi
  • San Diego's fourth-round pick (126th overall)
  • Linebacker Tim Dobbins

So much for losing 8 of our last 10 games to get a better draft spot.
We even messed that up. If we only lost one more game…

People say "History repeats itself"
Anyone remember the 2010 draft when we traded back with San Diego

We moved from #12 to #28 (missing out on a future hall of fame safety)

• San Diego's first-round pick (28th overall—used to select Penn State defensive end Jared Odrick)
  • San Diego's second-round pick (40th overall) Koa Misi
  • San Diego's fourth-round pick (126th overall)
  • Linebacker Tim Dobbins

Just because that happens once, doesn't it mean it has to happen like that again. Maybe it was just bad drafting. After all, there are good pics throughout the draft it's up to the front office to make the right pick. So far I've been happy with Greer and Gase's drafts. Yeah, so far the Carroo pick has not worked out, but nobody hits on every pick.

Last edited:
Well you can’t bash on trade ups because those players aren’t entering the draft again.

Also, every year that draft is full of Koa Misi’s and Odricks. Average players who get overdrafted.

And the same could be said for those drafted in the top 10 as well. So it was a ridiculous suggestion.

I've read some opinions that there are only about 20 true first round talents in this draft. If so, I think it's a bad idea to trade into the 20s. Either trade back twice or stay in the top half.

Trading back twice is risky. You have to be pretty confident the guys you want are going to fall , but if you pull it off it can be a tremendous draft. I think the best bet Is probably staying at 11. Not only do you get a true first round talent but you're probably getting a better player than the 11th best because of all the quarterbacks that are going to be going in the top 10.

I wouldn't mind trading back and grabbing Lamar Jackson, if the team is enamored with him (which I don't know if they are or not).

Otherwise, stay the course at 11.

Back
Top Bottom