Please Trade Back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please Trade Back

I wouldn't mind trading back and grabbing Lamar Jackson, if the team is enamored with him (which I don't know if they are or not).

I don't think they are enamored with any QB's who's first name isn't Josh or Ryan.

Most of the articles seem to agree regarding our needs- OL, DT, LB, TE, QB to groom, and safety or corner.
It seems to me that to do even some of this we need more picks. I hope we trade back to the 20s and receive one or two picks.

I think this is a case when you love picks more than players. It's a gamble to trade up or down before knowing what's available at the pick.

I recommend not jumping the gun and having some patience. Wait until you know what you have until selling it. Anyways, we're talking Tannenbaum here. He's more likely to trade up than trade down (unless it's with his former intern turned jedi master Howie Roseman wanting to get another marquee player like Wentz).

Guys, there's no guarantee with any player. For those saying we can't move down because we won't get a good player after 11, we don't know that. You can get a great player in any round and at any spot. Like I said before, if a player you really like at 11 is there then fine, take him. But if you feel there's not much difference from the players left on the board at 11 then moving down is fine. There's good value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this draft so having an extra pick could really help us. When it comes to t-dumb, I'd rather move back than move up

People say "History repeats itself"
Anyone remember the 2010 draft when we traded back with San Diego

We moved from #12 to #28 (missing out on a future hall of fame safety)

• San Diego's first-round pick (28th overall—used to select Penn State defensive end Jared Odrick)
  • San Diego's second-round pick (40th overall) Koa Misi
  • San Diego's fourth-round pick (126th overall)
  • Linebacker Tim Dobbins
I’m gonna be sick...

• San Diego's first-round pick (28th overall—used to select Penn State defensive end Jared Odrick)
  • Linebacker Tim Dobbins

So don't trade back because of Misi and Odrick deal. Don't trade up because of Dion Jordan. Don't pick where we're slated because people weren't happy with Vontae Davis, Tedd Ginn or Jason Allen. So basically we should just bypass the process all together based on past results. I don't think should make a decision in 2018 based on how somebody elses decision in the past turned out. If you want to move up move up. If you want to trade back trade back. But I think it's silly to make aor move or not make a move based on how players in a prior draft turned out.

There are no guarantees or sure things in any pick. We can only hope that they turn out to be what we hoped for or better. Top picks have been busts, and lesser picks have been exstrodinay players. It's all a crap shoot!! Trade back and get as many chances as you can to throw the dice...

So don't trade back because of Misi and Odrick deal. Don't trade up because of Dion Jordan. Don't pick where we're slated because people weren't happy with Vontae Davis, Tedd Ginn or Jason Allen. So basically we should just bypass the process all together based on past results. I don't think should make a decision in 2018 based on how somebody elses decision in the past turned out. If you want to move up move up. If you want to trade back trade back. But I think it's silly to make aor move or not make a move based on how players in a prior draft turned out.
Great post here. Some people just want to have it both ways. You're darn if you do and you're darn if you don't. We need to see who's there and how does each player falls on your board. You can't draft based on what's happen before

Thank you.

That 2010 draft was arguably the worst draft in the modern era of NFL football and EVERYONE wanted Earl Thomas.

• Linebacker Tim Dobbins

Do you think anyone doesn't remember that?

Back
Top Bottom