Please Trade Back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please Trade Back

On a side note, Earl Thomas is available for trade. He's not reporting to workouts.

Seattle is DESPERATE for draft capital. ET probably has a 3 year window where he will still be effective but you can bank on him missing like 10-15 games out 48.

8.5 Million dollar salary this year and he wants a raise with 1 year left on his deal.

Maybe they will take Kiko and TJ? LOL

Those deals were bad. I defend the FO when they deserve it, those two deals are brutal mistakes.

On a side note, Earl Thomas is available for trade. He's not reporting to workouts.

Seattle is DESPERATE for draft capital. ET probably has a 3 year window where he will still be effective but you can bank on him missing like 10-15 games out 48.

8.5 Million dollar salary this year and he wants a raise with 1 year left on his deal.

Maybe they will take Kiko and TJ? LOL

Those deals were bad. I defend the FO when they deserve it, those two deals are brutal mistakes.
The Branch deal was just as bad

The Branch deal was just as bad

Ya but they had less leverage at a more premium position so I didn't include Branch.

They literally didn't have to give Kiko more money or TJ any money.

Branch can still be part of your rotation at DE and contribute if healthy.

On the bright side, Kiko seems to play well every other year, so he's due for a good one in 2018.

Ya but they had less leverage at a more premium position so I didn't include Branch.

They literally didn't have to give Kiko more money or TJ any money.

Branch can still be part of your rotation at DE and contribute if healthy.

On the bright side, Kiko seems to play well every other year, so he's due for a good one in 2018.
they should play kiko at mike. It's his best spot and then get rid of him after this season

People say "History repeats itself"
Anyone remember the 2010 draft when we traded back with San Diego

We moved from #12 to #28 (missing out on a future hall of fame safety)

• San Diego's first-round pick (28th overall—used to select Penn State defensive end Jared Odrick)
  • San Diego's second-round pick (40th overall) Koa Misi
  • San Diego's fourth-round pick (126th overall)
  • Linebacker Tim Dobbins

I will never, ever forget this.

...and I was watching the draft with a Seahawks fan, and said "Your Hawks just killed it."

I don't care whether we trade down, but our first round selection must be a HIT, not just average starter. I feel like at 11 we can do that regardless of how the draft falls - a potentially great option will be there at LB, FS, or OG.

I will never, ever forget this.

...and I was watching the draft with a Seahawks fan, and said "Your Hawks just killed it."

That moment came for me in 2004 and it still hurts. We never passed on him because he went before our pick but I wanted Roethlisberger bad in that draft. He went 11th and we took Vernon Carey 19th. I was hosting a draft party and a turned to my Steelers buddy and instantly congratulated him for what just happened.

And because I am trying to start a new trend where posters on here mention the players they were wrong about in addition to listing the "draft hits" they would've had.

I didn't think Phillip Rivers was ever going to be successful. I really disliked the comparison's that people were making to Dan Marino just because of the quick release. Rivers' mechanics were/are ugly AF. But he made it work. Dan Marino he was not. Much better than I thought for sure though. I guess the competitive on field fire is comparable, just not the language coming out of their mouth's. Rivers liked gosh dangits, Dan Marino curses like a hall of famer.

Eli Manning, no better, no worse than what was expected.

In a redraft, I'm taking Ben, Rivers, then Manning.

Last edited:
I don't care whether we trade down, but our first round selection must be a HIT, not just average starter. I feel like at 11 we can do that regardless of how the draft falls - a potentially great option will be there at LB, FS, or OG.

This. Things would have to go very poorly for the Fins to not have one of Derwin James, Fitzpatrick or Smith available at 11. I am of the opinion that any of those three help immensely on D.

McMillan at Mike and Smith at Will would be exciting. Reshad at SS and James at FS would be, too.

That moment came for me in 2004 and it still hurts. We never passed on him because he went before our pick but I wanted Roethlisberger bad in that draft. He went 11th and we took Vernon Carey 19th. I was hosting a draft party and a turned to my Steelers buddy and instantly congratulated him for what just happened.

Remember it well. I waned him on the Fins, too...there was no way he was getting to 19.

Remember it well. I waned him on the Fins, too...there was no way he was getting to 19.

I remembered hearing that in high school he only got to play his senior because the previous starter was the coaches son.

In 2005 I wanted Braylon Edwards over Ronnie Brown. Neither played mattered in the context of being a top 3 pick. A lot of people wanted Aaron Rodgers, apparently, having the balls to take him at No.2? I can't say I would've. Incredible that Jacksonsville took FORMER college QB Matt Jones to play WR before an actual QB went 3 spots later en route to Canton.

Disclaimer: For the next 9 days all of my posts will be about one thing. Killing time. I'm about to hit you guys with every random thought I have. I apologize in advance but surely my coworkers thank you.

This. Things would have to go very poorly for the Fins to not have one of Derwin James, Fitzpatrick or Smith available at 11. I am of the opinion that any of those three help immensely on D.

McMillan at Mike and Smith at Will would be exciting. Reshad at SS and James at FS would be, too.

Depends.

I like those three players myself, but if Rosen actually tumbled down and Edmunds were still on the board at 11 (because others teams took Smith, Fitz, and James), then I would be happy if they drafted either one of them.

Pretty much every team that passes on Vita Vea will regret it,especially the team that drafts Barkley. People see Vea as a two down run stuffer because of his size, but Vea is an every down DT with serious pass rushing ability. He is the most likely player in this draft to end up in the HOF.

The only QB in this clas with potential greatness is Mayfield, and Saquon Barkley is the reincarnation of Ronnie Brown. Good value in the early second, horrible value in the top 15.

If Vea and Mayfield are gone then absolutely, undoubtedly,without question, trade down if at all possible. Perhaps even twice. I would rather have Harrison Phillips at DT than the other guys in front of him any way, and TE is a crap shoot with the top four.

Nick Deluca in the fourth would be an absolute steal at the LB position. Best instincts and cover skills in this class, to go along with elite measureables. 6'3" 250 with long arms and huge hands and elite character and intelligence. Improved his 40 dash at his pro day but was still probably not 100%. Healthy, he is probably a legitimate 4.6 -4.72 forty guy.

Back
Top Bottom