Please Trade Back | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please Trade Back

Damn brother, Vita Vea as the player in this draft most likely to land in the Hall of Fame? That’s some lofty praise, and kind of putting the cart before the horse without having played a snap in the NFL yet.

Not saying that I don’t like him, I do, but penciling him in for the HOF is premature.

For me to want to trade back, Mayfield will have gone and there are no studs left in positions of need. But even then, hard to pass up on elite talent no matter what position they play just so you can pick 2 possible talents later on. Unfortunately I don't think our FO is smart enough to win any trade battles. We'll probably swap firsts with the Eagles and send them our 2nd for an extra 3rd and 7th, if Tbaum is left to his own devices.

NO NO and NO!

Enough with the trading back - our FO is barely smart enough to make a decent choice with the higher 1st pick.....just by chance though they're bound to get someone good by staying at 11.

First we have been trading away picks like hotcakes, devaluing our own players in trades, and trade up in the draft instead of down in the draft thus giving away picks, so don't think its going to happen.
Second this draft appears to have some deep elite talent so it might be wise to stay put.
Third I do agree with you we need lots of exrra picks and with a great gm I would be pushing the button for additional picks as I believe there is pretty good talent in every round of the draft

Well you can’t bash on trade ups because those players aren’t entering the draft again.

Also, every year that draft is full of Koa Misi’s and Odricks. Average players who get overdrafted.
The draft also has players like Carl Lawson drafted in the 4th round who are steals.. Your point?

Very few teams want to trade up. Treading down is not that easy. Willing partners are few.

While I wouldn't mind trading back a few spots at most, we have to see what happens on draft day...to flat out say that we should trade back or down is illogical....the draft is not an exact science
with that in mind, we need a Sam/Mike LB / Real FS (depending on what happens with TJ, if he is moved to LB than its FS, but we won't know till after the 2nd round), TE, DL, OL, QB to groom
if we draft a LB in Smith or Edmunds at 11, I don't see TJ moving to LB....if we draft Minkah or Derwin (I like Minkah as a better FS) then we may be moving TJ to play "Dollar" LB ala Buchanon or Barron

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom