Please Trade Down- Or Up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please Trade Down- Or Up

I understand this line of thinking.

I disagree with it. I still get irritated looking back at passing on Earl Thomas to get jared Ordick and Koa Misi.

All depends on who is there at 13.

If it's a similar player to what you can get later in the round, trade down.

If it's value, stay put and make the pick.

How can you say this without knowing who will be available at #13?

I agree with trading down. More this year then any other year in my Dolphifandom life.

It's not the QB class it was last year, at the top anyway. With more mid 1st/2nd round type prospects in Lock, Jones and Grier. We could be one of the teams pulling the trigger on a QB this year and shock everyone who thinks we setting ourselves up to take a QB first overall in 2020.

Trade downs don't all have to be block buster's or for a QB though.

Acquiring multiple 3rd and 4th rounds picks and possibly a 2020 2nd should be a legitimate target goal. We need bodies on the roster with potential, a lot more than 1 or 2.

OG, C, and RT's are traditionally stronger value in the 20's, as opposed to LT's.

DL depth in this draft is also absurd. Quality guys will be available later then they should.
Sounds great.

Bringing up the Jared Odrick trade should automatically bring a one month suspension from finheaven.

Let’s never draft a QB again either.

Let’s never hire a coach so that way we never have to fire him.

Would the Odrick trade have been so terrible if they had taken Gronkowski like so many fans wanted. Earl Thomas sticks in peoples craw for someone reason, everyone wanted him. No one ever reminds you of the guys they wanted that sucked. Just Earl Thomas.

Like clock work this time of year, death, taxes and we should’ve taken Earl Thomas.

Trading down for more picks seems likely with all the holes Miami has. But if a quarterback the team likes is within range, that's something else to keep an eye on.

Well, ya know, they could try to trade Bobby McCain or just keep him for depth and release him next year, and start Minkah at Slot corner and trade TJ McDonald and then go out and sign Earl Thomas.

When playing slot corner while Bobby was down, Minkah had the best pass defense in the league. Having Minkah at slot and Earl Thomas at FS might just revive Reshad Jones and get him back to the Pro Bowl next year.

Of course, that might mean the defense is just too damn good and the Dolphins tanking for a high pick to acquire a QB might just go down the drain.

On the hand, it might heal the wounds of the trade down for Odrick and the angry guy.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they draft qb at 13. Haskins, Lock or Murray
Out of those three I only see Murray available at #13. I'm predicting the Broncos trade up with one of the top five teams to take Lock and I don't see Haskins getting past the Giants or Jags.

Back
Top Bottom