Please trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please trade

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Reaction score
Trade Proposal

I would be excited if we did this:

Trade the 114th, 161st and 241st overall picks for

the 99th and 190th overall picks (With the Texans).

With the 99th pick, we would be guranteed Alex Brown of Florida (Since we would have the first pick tomorrow). According to TSN, Brown's a "First-round talent but a second-round pick because of inconsistency."

Well, how about getting a first-round talent in the fourth round!??!?!

We would move up 15 spots in the fourth, drop back 29 picks from your first fifth round choice, and give up our seventh round choice (Quick, name a player we chose in the seventh round in the past twenty years who did anything for this franchise!). It's a heck of a deal for both sides, in my opinion. The Texans would like it because they would get an extra pick, and they would move up almost 30 picks with their second sixth round choice. We would like it because we would get Alex Brown, a player who would help us out with our defensive end "problem."

I would even consider giving up a bit more if that's what it would take. You have to give up to move up. There's no way Alex Brown will still be on the board with the 114th pick. Let's go for it!

Re: Trade Proposal

Originally posted by Blitz
I would be excited if we did this:

Trade the 114th, 161st and 241st overall picks for

99th and 190th overall picks (With the Texans).

With the 99th pick, we could choose Alex Brown of Florida. According to TSN, Brown's a "First-round talent but a second-round pick because of inconsistency."

Well, how about getting a first-round talent in the fourth round!??!?!

We would move up 15 spots in the fourth, drop back 29 from your first fifth round choice, along with giving up our seventh. It's a heck of a deal for both sides, in my opinion. The Texans would like it because they would get an extra pick, and they would move up almost 30 picks with their second sixth round choice. We would like it because we would get Alex Brown, a player who would help us out with our defensive end "problem."

I would like to get Alex Brown in the 4th.

Alex Brown would

be a nice consolation prize...
but Rohan Davey might be even nicer long term

I did say 7th round, didn' t I? ;)

With the pick we have in the 7th round, there's a high probability the guy we would pick with that choice might be a street FA if we don't pick him.

We'll see what happens...

yes you did lol , but less teams in his draft year ( 83 ? ) so one could say he would be bumped up a round ;)

Would like Brown though...

There are some great players for the 4th round still left. We need to be very agresive at the start of tomorrow. I would love to see Miami package up a 5th rounder and a pick next year to move up to the top of the 4th tomorrow. If we could land Alex Brown and Victor Rogers we could end up with 2 players that see alot of playing time in the 4th round. That would mean cheap quality players. I hope Dave can pull the trigger.

Alex Brown has BUST written all over him.....I don't want any part of him. Rogers wouldn'y likely see much time on our line early, he is strictly a right side player.

With the medical history of our o-line I wouldn't doubt that anyone on our roster wouldn't see alot of playing time at o-line. 3 of our projected 5 starters ended the season on the IR. Brown has first round bust written all over him, but 4th round steal written all over him as well. He would be a great SLB if a team uses him corectly. We could move Rodgers over to the weak side where he would be more efective, since he would only have to fight off the block from the FB, and Greenwood could come in for coverage. Alex could really benifit from the double teams Gardner is sure to see.

I think Brown is a scrub ANYWHERE you pick him. I would be very dissapointed if we picked him in the 7th!!! He cannot play the run, is too light, isn't all that fast(4.9.......very dissapointing) and has a questionable, at best, work ethic. On top of that, he had a dissapointing Sr. year when everything was riding on the line for him.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Alex Brown has BUST written all over him......

Would you like to argue your point? He would be a fourth round choice. It's kind of hard to be considered a BUST when you're drafted that late. That's what I think, anyway. Sure, he doesn't give it his all, all of the time, but he's a good pass rusher. From what I have read about Brown, he reminds me of all the things people said about Jason Taylor when he came out of university. Brown would probably be our pass rusher this year on third downs if we drafted him, with Gardener plugging in at LE on first and second downs. Who knows, but maybe he could develop into a player on par with Jason Taylor. Chances are he's going to at least be an adequate player. Who knows what will happen. The potential is there, though. He has first-round potential, and as far as I know, the only reason he has slid is because of his "work ethnic" and the fact he's liable against the run.

I think Brown is a scrub ANYWHERE you pick him. I would be very dissapointed if we picked him in the 7th!!! He cannot play the run,

That can be changed. Just look at Jason Taylor.

is too light, isn't all that fast(4.9.......very dissapointing)

He's 265 pounds according to my source (TSN), and he runs at about 4.75 according to the same source.

With DEs now, you want a guy that's around 270-285 pounds, 6-5, and who runs somewhere in the range of 4.6-4.8. His 40 time is not so great, but it's still reasonable for a DE. If he bulked up a bit that would certainly help him. Again, Jason Taylor was a small guy who bulked up. It can be done.

and has a questionable, at best, work ethic. On top of that, he had a dissapointing Sr. year when everything was riding on the line for him.

According to what I've read, his Sr. year was better than his Jr. year, with his run-stopping ability improving somewhat.

Alex Brown is 6'3 260....that is what he was measured at the combine. You say you read all about him.....ever watch him???? He is a pretty good athlete but is not a great football player. He is very inconsistant and has a bad work ethic, and that is why he is DROPPING!!!! If you say he is what he is he would be gone by now. If he came out as a junior he would have been a 2nd rounder at worst.

I want no part of him. Him and Jason Taylor are NOTHING alike!!!

Back
Top Bottom