Plenty of blame... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plenty of blame...

Vegas_Phin

Alright Miami!!!
Reaction score
Obviously the defensive unit as a whole must take the biggest blame. This team's foundation is supposed to be our defense. When it comes down to making a crucial stop, they just don't get the job done. It happened all night and it happened when we pinned them at their 3 yard line. This unit takes too much of the financial pie to not do their jobs.

On offense, Jay missed several passes and threw the game away with that last INT. I noticed he threw at least two passes flat footed and was lucky that the passes were just incomplete. He also lead Chambers into what looked like a possible concussion. That may have been the reason Chambers dropped the pass that hit him in the bread basket, but that shouldn't be an excuse if he's in the game.

We have been down this road too many times that I have become numb to the anger and just get disappointed now. :(

I guess we can still back our way into the playoffs with some luck. But, it would probably just be setting us up for more disappointment.

GO PHINS

Very true.

It was a decent game to watch for almost 3 quarters. I couldn't believe our offense was hanging in there. They made a better showing than I thought they would.

The season was over last week. This just puts another nail in the coffin.

Originally posted by 1972
The season was over last week. This just puts another nail in the coffin.

I suppose that I'm just in denial.

Damn addictions, I keep coming back for more.

It's like a crappy relative. You can't get rid of them, you just have to deal with them. Okay, that was a bad analogy.

Funny to see how we all feel bad for the defense all year, and they get outplayed BIG TIME by the offense tonight. This isn't one of the games where we go for Fiedler's head. You score 27 points on the Eagles at HOME with a top-notch defense, 80% chance you win that game. Defense let us down, Chambers let me down. Don't know if it was the hit or not, but he should've caught that pass. Was it the fear of being hit, or worrying about the run after the catch? I don't know, but neither is an excuse. I DO see people saying that he dropped 2-3 balls, yet that was his only drop. I was pretty happy to see Derrius Thompson get open a lot tonight, but pretty disappointed(as usual) to see Fee Fee miss the passes.

Miami did not deserve to win that game, nor do they deserve to be playing in Indy come January. ONE game this year the defense AND offense shows up. ONE f*ckin' game.

Though this game doesn't beg for Fiedler's head, he and Wanny BETTER be gone next year.

My feelings are the same. When 2/3 of your salary cap is on defense there is NO way in hell that they should give up 34 points. Hell for our offense to put up 27 is amazing. NO WAY a team with that much $ on D should lose when their O puts up 27 at home. Like I have said for a while now, get rid of Bates. FIRST and foremost. Then if there is any possible replacement get rid of Wanny. Bates just pisses me off, he can't do crap with 2/3 of the salary cap? Eagles D cord does more with less, hell almost all D cords do more with less.

Sorry for the venting, but I am tired of this average playing, under acheiving team.

every aspect of this team let us down. Fiedler overthrew numerous passes, when the ball was their receivers dropped them, every kick Mare made was an adventure, our secondary seemed like they played 10 yards off the ball all night and their tackling was atrocious to say the least. Ironic that the only part of the team that showed up was the o-line (which is not saying much). I can't help but think that our secondary are nothing but overhyped primadonnas. I watched on 3 occasions TBuck intentional give up a tackle and let someone else try to tackle the ball carrier (apparently because he is a big *****). Don't even get me started on Madison...

Madison - Tackling by the jersey instead of the legs. Poor coverage.

Buckley - Poor Tackling, Poor Tackling and hmmm, Poor Tackling

Fiedler - Da Suck. He threw 1 good pass all night the rest were to high.

The entire Defense missed so many tackles its not even funny.

We need a O-Line, QB, and a Defensive coach that will teach us the basics. Offensive Coach that will go into the play book instead of using just 2 pages.

Back
Top Bottom