Plenty of players in the Dolphins organization who no longer want to be there. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plenty of players in the Dolphins organization who no longer want to be there.

I get it. I do. Issue is I will say will likely have to overpay in UFA for vets. Or you are going to get those Vets late in their career looking for a final pay day.

80M will get eaten up quickly when building offers to UFAs that may not want to go into a perceived situation in MIA.
Fair point. We need to try a new sales tactic when recruiting FAs. “Team sucks but how about the beaches, nightlife, fishing etc”

This. People think rebuilds take much longer than they do. There was a stat shown during a game a few years ago. I’m not sure if it’s still true, but at the time every currently active Super Bowl winning coach had won a playoff game by year two of their stint with whatever team they won the Super Bowl. If you’re going to have success, it will be apparent quickly.
J David has discussed this over the years here. I think he showed data that year 2 is when you are most likely to win the SB or go to it. It is really interesting.

Fair point. We need to try a new sales tactic when recruiting FAs. “Team sucks but how about the beaches, nightlife, fishing etc”
I really think it is all about the cash in UFA nothing more. I have said that for years. Going to use Bills just as an example.

Player X Gets an offer from Buffalo for 9M AAV but also gets a 8M AAV from Fins. In past players would accept the 8M offer due to no state tax. However because of the perception of your team and how stable and good it is. Players will now write off the Tax benefit for the quality of team.

So now likely Player X will take more than the 9M AAV to come to a lesser team. I do not think that is the way to build a team. I don’t think a highly paid UFA like that will ever live up to their contracts. That is why I really like how the Bills have shifted their UFA approaches and sign “risk” type players. If you look at their UFAs they sign a lot of one year deals on players that are looking to rebuild a career.

I really think it is all about the cash in UFA nothing more. I have said that for years. Going to use Bills just as an example.

Player X Gets an offer from Buffalo for 9M AAV but also gets a 8M AAV from Fins. In past players would accept the 8M offer due to no state tax. However because of the perception of your team and how stable and good it is. Players will now write off the Tax benefit for the quality of team.

So now likely Player X will take more than the 9M AAV to come to a lesser team. I do not think that is the way to build a team. I don’t think a highly paid UFA like that will ever live up to their contracts. That is why I really like how the Bills have shifted their UFA approaches and sign “risk” type players. If you look at their UFAs they sign a lot of one year deals on players that are looking to rebuild a career.
The Bills have done a really good job of building a high quality roster for sure. I never understood why anyone would want to go and play in freezing winter climates 😂 but that’s just me!

The Bills have done a really good job of building a high quality roster for sure. I never understood why anyone would want to go and play in freezing winter climates 😂 but that’s just me!
Because they are in those freezing winter climates for only 3 months really. Once season done they all leave to their houses. See I am leaving FL actually for cooler climates. This heat is showing no signs of not getting worse. And I miss 4 seasons.

Because they are in those freezing winter climates for only 3 months really. Once season done they all leave to their houses. See I am leaving FL actually for cooler climates. This heat is showing no signs of not getting worse. And I miss 4 seasons.
Remember the Vikings when they played outside under Bud Grant? Always in the playoffs - some of those NFL Films clips are great where you see the player’s breath it’s so cold. Definitely provided some home field advantage!

Remember the Vikings when they played outside under Bud Grant? Always in the playoffs - some of those NFL Films clips are great where you see the player’s breath it’s so cold. Definitely provided some home field advantage!
Unfortunately the way NFL is played today the cold weather games tend to hurt both teams equally anymore. There is a reason a lot of Bills fans are screaming for a Dome. They want this Offense never to be affected by the weather.

Unfortunately the way NFL is played today the cold weather games tend to hurt both teams equally anymore. There is a reason a lot of Bills fans are screaming for a Dome. They want this Offense never to be affected by the weather.
That’s a real concern. A team like the Titans - should they get deep into the playoffs - might actually be better off going up Buff or KC etc. It’s odd to say that but you’d think they’d want winds / cold

That’s a real concern. A team like the Titans - should they get deep into the playoffs - might actually be better off going up Buff or KC etc. It’s odd to say that but you’d think they’d want winds / cold
Yes. The weather does really affect Bills Offense. So home field in that winter weather will hurt the Bills IMO.

You think. The ones making millions to play a game. Do your fing job for goodness sake!
Apparently and according to some they CANT because the perfect call and how they’re supposed to play EXACTLY wasn’t told to them. So it’s completely to coaches fault for the lack of consistent execution.

Back
Top Bottom