plenty of room on the bandwagon now... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

plenty of room on the bandwagon now...

SuperMarksBros.

Formerly Fiedler for MVP
Reaction score
jay sux, ricky sux, the oline sux, minor sux, norv sux, wanny sux...this is pathetic. miami has played 2 PRESEASON games in 4 days, people. leading up to the stretch, all the coaches talked about was how unusual and unfair it was of the league. do you expect norv to put together a game plan? do expect ricky to run hard? after surgery and no practice, do you expect jay to lead the offense? the only plan was to get out of these 2 games healthy, you cant expect efficiency in a brutal 2 game stretch like that...ironically, those who rip these guys the hardest are the same one's saying rw would rush for 1600 yds, chambers would catch 15 tds, jay would throw for 4000 yds. lets get some perspective, people. under jj and wanny, fins generally finished preseason sub-.500(same as superbowl champion cowboys), and never looked good.

I think the same of everyone on our team as I did a month ago, nothing has changed. A preseason game on 2 days rest doesn't make me feel any different about my team.

I agree 100%

A long week of practice and preparation, plus starters going better than half of the game with the Texans, will give a much more valid indication of where this team really is. If Jay has another performance like last Thursday, then I hope Wanny backs off his staunch support for him, that he has displayed since day one, and states that the QB job is up for competition, like he does for many other positions.

I have nothing against Jay and hope he continues to develop and contribute to our success. However, the following issues stick in my craw a little:

1. Wanny has unconditionally supported Jay without a hint that another QB (Huard, Lucas) has a chance to unseat him. Is this a result of the failed "musical chairs" QB situation at Chicago? Who knows? - but if another position player had some of the performances of Jay, they would be chastised if not demoted or waived.

2. I wish some of Dixon would rub off on Jay. Just once I'd like Jay to say "I sucked today and have to do better". I'm sick of the excuses that he always has or his minimizing his problems with comments like "I was a little off on my timing".

3. I hate it when I read that "Jay has 22 wins" or even worse "Jay LED the team to 22 wins". Did you ever read that Zack, Jason, or Sam "LED" the team? You have an average/mediocre QB and Pro Bowl defensive players and some top offensive talent in Chambers, Wade, OG - and McMichaels, Williams, and Konrad to blossom, yet Jay gets the credit?! I know that the QB is the most important position on the team, but lets give credit where credit is due.

OK - I've vented. Now, since I know Jay is our QB for the year, I will support him 100% and hope he does very well. I will not boo him at the games, for I think it is not a positive thing for the team. (I would boo him if I thought it would cause Wanny to have a real competition at QB but we all know that won't happen).

Go Dolphins! Go Jay!

Ugh. The only thing more annoying than people who come on after 2 preseason games and make blanket comments about how this team sucks...

Are people who come onto the site and blow simple criticism out of proportion in their "quest" to expose how some fans aren't good fans while others are excellent fans. There are less of these "jay sux, ricky sux, the oline sux, minor sux, norv sux, wanny sux" people coming onto this board and offering blanket pessimistic criticism than you are trying to say there are.

But by all means, such "fans" if they actually DID exist, are easy targets for more criticism, so go on, keep these criticisms of the fictional crazed-criticizers coming! Its not like anyone's going to argue back (cuz there's nobody there to argue).

Now if you want to offer criticism of people that come on and offer constructive, pointed, and intelligent criticism, then please do so but at least give them the honor of addressing their concerns correctly rather than exaggerating and pretending to be a hero among warts.

Jay is our starter, he's earned that..5 come backs and 22 wins does give him that..Our team will be okay...they will do better that their play in the 2 games indicate..I'm glad we got though them without serious injuries...S. Gaylon seem like he will be back without surgury..We're in good position to clean things up and move forward...Norv hadn't 1/4 of the play book..3-5 steps drop and throw is difficult if you don't have your timing down..Jays Sorer than he's letting on..It's hard to throw if you're not heal in the hip area 100%...Once he doesn't have spent 30 extra minutes warming up his hip..then he'll be okay to step into the pass and do ok..Life is too short to blash the man who will take us to the playoff..Our D will always be the greatest factor of us getting there..All teams have to have a good D to make it anywhere.

Jay doesnt deserve any cerdit for 22 wins, the Defense deserves most of the cerdit.

good we need to lighten the load anyways. We dont want any old rams fan to jump on our ride or all these eagles fans that have suddenlly emerged. I have seen these many eagle fan since the randell cunnigham day. And I never seen these many rams ever and im from Los Angeles.

Oh yeah?

... I wonder why it is they keep win loss records on the QB, and not the defense? Some of you guys are silly, you know that?

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolphinators13
Jay doesnt deserve any cerdit for 22 wins, the Defense deserves most of the cerdit.

Count me in...

I'm not only on the PHINS bandwagon..I'm driving the dog gone thing............

hehehehehehehehehehehe

Hey I forgot to mention there's still some room left........

You're either in or out!!!

Are we in CLEVELAND???

I admit, I am not a big JAY fan but let's cut this guy some slack! I mean really, the guy hasn't worked with the 1st teamers all through camp due to injury and he gets booed against a good defense in the AINTS!! The guy is simply suffering from RUST!! Let's take the positive from this, RAY LUCAS is proving to be a solid backup and insurance policy with his play!! Even if it's against 2nd teamers, he is still one of the top stories from DOLPHINS CAMP 2002!! As for Jay, I believe his timing will come around and if it doesn't??? Well there's always RAY!!! Don't panic yet!!!! It's preseason!!

hey head,

why would i want to "offer criticism of people that come on and offer constructive, pointed, and intelligent criticism." i'm all for fans offering concise, thought provoking criticism. if you read my post, however(before blurting out your ill conceived flame job) you'll notice i was being critical of those blasting comments such as "lucas should start, chester was a waste of money, sophomore jinx for minor." those posts were coming at ridiculous rates during and after the saints game(and no, they werent figments of my imagination, as you so astutely pointed out). what's more is, i was hearing more of the same by pat obrien on tuesday morning(tony bruno show) bashing on RW(only months after he predicted an all florida super bowl).

ps- i know something even more annoying than "people who come on after 2 preseason games and make blanket comments about how this team sucks...
And people who come onto the site and blow simple criticism out of proportion in their "quest" to expose how some fans aren't good fans while others are excellent fans." something even more annoying than that is people that, rather than taking the thought and time to put together threads of their own, come in and bash the threads of others.

Back
Top Bottom