Plundering the Patriots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plundering the Patriots

Elliott 1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I hate the Patriots. I don't hate people, but I do intensely disrespect some. However I hate the whole of the Patriots organization.

I hated it before they were exposed as cheaters and I really hate the Pats now.

I would love to see Stephen Ross and friends join in my extreme hostility and make it a point to sign all of their good free agents this offseason.

Which players? Glad you asked.

1st Leigh Bodden. PFF had Bodden rated 14th and I think the NFL had him 8th best in the league last year. He had a good year and it will cost a pretty penny to lure him in, but he was by far their best corner last year and it would hurt them to lose him.
And he is a lot better than the next available corner in FA.
It may force them to use another pick on a CB in this year's draft.
But the Dolphins are set at CB. I agree, but the Dolphins have three CB's who I think could move to FS and be good, and Vontae Davis may actually be a great FS. I think Will Allen and Sean Smith could do well there as well. I like the idea of Allen and Bodden starting at corner with Allen moving to the nickel and Smith coming in on passing downs and playing the edge.

Ben Watson....Might cost some money as well but as far as a pass catching threat, there is nobody else in FA or the draft that compares. He just recently ran a 4.5 forty again. He hasn't slowed down at all.
Another thing about Watson is he scored a 48 on his wonderlic; the guy has an IQ of 172. He probably remembers every play the Pats ran last year. He could probably recount clearly any kind of information about coaching or plays that you wanted to know.

Stephin Neal has publicly declared he is not retiring and will test the free agent market. Neal graded out as the 2nd best OG in the NFL last year according to PFF.
Thomas let us down last year but Garner came through very well, however, I think they like having Garner backing up both RG and RT.By acquiring Neal we would have a great player at a need position and be able to draft a guy in the 4th or 5th and give him a year or two to develop. I like the law student Chris Scott from Tennessee.

It would cost ownership plenty, but it sure would be sweet IMO.

What do you think?? Too much money??

Nah, will be more fun watching them crash and burn as they get older and older.
Chubbs

I'd like to take ben watson off their hands since haynos pisses me off for the most part. He's way to slow.

Stephen Neal, no thanks.

Bodden, no thanks. If Will Allen did get a DUI, leonard little killed like 2 people while drunk and so did stallworth and they were right back in the NFL. I expect Allen to be here and to keep Jason Allen and resign Nate Jones. We are set at CB.

Why don't we just buy every teams great FA's. We could be the Yankees of the NFL.

No thanks. haha

hahaha yeah! I mean everyone likes the Yankees so we'll be fine! :rolleyes2:

How do you know when you have an unhealthy obsession with an enemy ? You focus totally on them to the detriment of your overall plan.

Forget the Pats and trying to get revenge or something. We aren't trying to become the Patriots South and we don't need to knock them off a throne because they aren't on one. If you haven't noticed they haven't won the Super Bowl in a few years.

Evaluate the free agents from every team and rank them according to how they would fit on the Dolphins.

neither of those guys would weaken the Pats a lot nor would they strengthen us considerably. Neal is going to be 34 and missed 4, 5, 8 and 3 games respectively over the last 4 years. Bodden i'm totally indifferent on. Watson wouldn't be a big upgrade over Fasano, if any at all.

IF you want to weaken them considerably, try stirring up the price for Wilfork.

As one who has to watch the Pats more than I want to, I would take Watson out of those three. He has always been inconsistent, but has huge potential, and has made big plays on occasion. We are weak at TE, so he would be an upgrade. What about Wilfork?

How do you know when you have an unhealthy obsession with an enemy ? You focus totally on them to the detriment of your overall plan.

Forget the Pats and trying to get revenge or something. We aren't trying to become the Patriots South and we don't need to knock them off a throne because they aren't on one. If you haven't noticed they haven't won the Super Bowl in a few years.

Evaluate the free agents from every team and rank them according to how they would fit on the Dolphins.

Would you say the Pats successful raiding of us in recent years (Welker, Izzo, Seau, just off the top of my head) has been to their detriment? I think they've done very well with it.

Would you say the Pats successful raiding of us in recent years (Welker, Izzo, Seau, just off the top of my head) has been to their detriment? I think they've done very well with it.

Welker was the big one. But they didn't raid us. We were just stupid enough to trade a key piece of the puzzle to an already elite rival.

How stupid could our FO have been??

It's fun seeing the Patriots getting older and older and becoming less relevant all the time. The Pats had their 15 minuites in the sun but like all Dynasties they got old and their best players retired or moved on. No need to sign their garbage players for more than they are really worth. Let Kraft deal with the angry vets like Wilfork and Randy Moss.

Back
Top Bottom