Point Differential | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Point Differential

srp1979

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins currently have the 3rd highest point differential in the league. This is intriguing, as it's usually a charactersitc of playoff teams.

We are playing great complimentary football right now. The defense is in control and putting our offense in great positions. The offense is gelling. Players who weren't high picks or free agent superstars are executing and making plays. We have not been blown out in any loss.

I'm on the Flo-train right now and gulping down the Kool-aid!!

Had they finished drives in NYJ territory the differential would’ve been higher ?
Fitz was actually pretty bad in that game. If he just played average Miami probably gets around 40 points. We would have lost to a lot of teams not named The Jets with the way we played on offense yesterday.

The Dolphins currently have the 3rd highest point differential in the league. This is intriguing, as it's usually a charactersitc of playoff teams.

We are playing great complimentary football right now. The defense is in control and putting our offense in great positions. The offense is gelling. Players who weren't high picks or free agent superstars are executing and making plays. We have not been blown out in any loss.

I'm on the Flo-train right now and gulping down the Kool-aid!!

I'm loathe to take optimism to far, but this is the type of stat that indicates progress. Points allowed is another. The next step in a good team is consistency, but, I admit, I still have scars from getting too hyped too soon

Fitz was actually pretty bad in that game. If he just played average Miami probably gets around 40 points. We would have lost to a lot of teams not named The Jets with the way we played on offense yesterday.
Honestly I’ve had it. I don’t see how Fitzpatrick is the guy if he plays like that. Sure we won but not because of him at all. His TDs were mainly to wide open guys. Then he forces a ball to Gesicki because he can’t see the entire damn field or the weak ass jump ball to Preston that was picked. Missing open guys to force the ball to covered players. I get the locker room loves him and it will be hard to simply bench the guy without him looking god awful. But imo yesterday he was pretty bad

Fitz didnt play very well but he is winning us games. I doubt we make a change until we start losing.

This defense does seem a lot better than when we started the year. Defensive play calling too.

Fitz didnt play very well but he is winning us games. I doubt we make a change until we start losing.
Unfortunately yes. Nobody changes their starting QB while they are winning. Well maybe the bears

This defense does seem a lot better than when we started the year. Defensive play calling too.

Byron Jones and the improving health of X are huge catalysts for the defense showing up.

When you can trust your DBs to man up, it changes the entire front 7. Even your man Baker is stepping up :lol:.

Byron Jones and the improving health of X are huge catalysts for the defense showing up.

When you can trust your DBs to man up, it changes the entire front 7. Even your man Baker is stepping up :lol:.
Roberts too. And I don’t think enough people are talking about Wilkins. Not racking up sacks but wrecking havoc

The point differential is something to keep an eye on. As the OP points out, it’s typically associated w playoff appearances. Let’s see if we can keep this up!

The more comfortable the secondary becomes, the more effective the overall defense becomes. If opposing teams can't score or move the ball consistently, Miami's point differential will grow.

The more comfortable the secondary becomes, the more effective the overall defense becomes. If opposing teams can't score or move the ball consistently, Miami's point differential will grow.

yes if X and Byron stay healthy this could be fun.

I don’t believe in the “they would’ve lost had they played XXX” idea. It isn’t possible to guess.

Agreed on Fitz being poopy though in the 2nd half.

Back
Top Bottom