Poised For A Big Payday, Dolphins’ Howard Hires New Agent. (same Agent As Landry...) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poised For A Big Payday, Dolphins’ Howard Hires New Agent. (same Agent As Landry...)

We can already predict what’s ginna happen here. Howard is not taking a single penny less than what he deems to be his market value, the Dolphins are gonna dick around in negotiations, and then end up either tagging him or trading him.

You want to keep elite talent, then you have to overpay. It is what it is. You can overpay, or draft some bum like Tankersely to "fill the void" for cheap -- typical Dolphins patchwork that I hope we are through with. We got lucky with Albert Wilson replacing Landry. Not going to get an elite corner at that price or anything similar.

Just pay him.

The diff between Landry and X is that Landry played a more fungible position. Boundary corners are hard to find. Lock X up and lock Burke out.

Not sure if this is true but it’s something to think about regarding Howard

I know the idea is these agents are just trying to do what is best for the players, but if they get a reputation of being difficult to work with, it may end up hurting their players in the long run.

Start with Desmond Trufant money that means $13.75 mil per or don’t come at all.

He’s 25 years old. This is not hard Miami. Don’t fudge it up.

I was against paying Vernon, Landry, and Suh. The premium value positions in the league are QB, DE, and CB. Suh was a top 3 DT, but I don't think a single elite DT changes the complexion of your team, and isn't worth a monster investment. You can say the same about WR IMHO, and in Landry's case he isn't even a top 3 WR. Vernon played a premium position, but wasn't an elite player at DE. Howard is different. He is an elite player at a premium position. Without him this year we probably only 3-9. I hope we don't bungle this negotiation. We likely won't be spending a ton of cash on QB the next 4-5 years. The money should be there to retain Xavien.

Who we got behind X other than Minkah? Lose X and the backfield takes a huge hit. I'm fine with making him the highest paid DB in the NFL. He sure plays like it and seems to be getting better every year. X may not have stopped Hopkins but I bet Hopkins knows who he is now.

X is awesome and I hope the Dolphins keep him. But if he and his agent are going to be D-bags and overcharge the Dolphins because X really wants to go to a different team....then I'd be happy with the tag and getting a 1st round pick for him. It's an offensive league. We need an elite QB and a good O-line. Look at the Chiefs, Rams, Saints, etc..

LOL @ already talking about trading the guy.

Why even draft elite players if all we do is trade them all away? Pay the guy and enjoy having half of your starting secondary being solid for the next several years. Like Gonzo said, if this team dicks around and didn’t get him signed, this team is hopeless. Sign your homegrown talent. Always.

X is awesome and I hope the Dolphins keep him. But if he and his agent are going to be D-bags and overcharge the Dolphins because X really wants to go to a different team....then I'd be happy with the tag and getting a 1st round pick for him. It's an offensive league. We need an elite QB and a good O-line. Look at the Chiefs, Rams, Saints, etc..

2 of those teams have elite CBs and KC has a promising one in Fuller. The fact that it’s a passing league is even more reason to pay the man. The new rules make it even harder to find a CB who can succeed in this league and it makes him all the more valuable. **** a 1st round pick. Pay him.

Back
Top Bottom