Poised For A Big Payday, Dolphins’ Howard Hires New Agent. (same Agent As Landry...) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poised For A Big Payday, Dolphins’ Howard Hires New Agent. (same Agent As Landry...)

Didn’t Landry’s agent totally botch his deal with us? Seems like a terrible choice.

So we've made this mistake before multiple times … sign him to an extension NOW, rather than wait until we have no leverage and the cap rises again. We can't have him leave for nothing. Like @jlfin said, if we can't re-sign him for a reasonable price, we need to trade him. Elite CB's go for a lot more than a 3rd rounder, which is what our compensation would be if he walks.

First choice, obviously, is to re-sign him long term and make him a cornerstone of our great young secondary along with Fitzpatrick. Try very hard to make that happen. If we cannot, then we have no choice but to trade him for draft picks. But if we do that, it probably means Gase is replaced, because he loses his best defender and the new coach gets one or two fantastic draft picks and we start to look like the Raiders, tanking the season for big picks to rebuild.

I wouldn't be calling Landry "elite" talent. He's a good player but I'd take Wilson over him. As far as Howard I hope they can work it out but I can already see him and his agent are gonna be real greedy so I really hope cooler heads will prevail.

Let me also clarify this with Landry...

Landry's argument was based on his stats but the counter argument was that he struggled with the route tree (which was true)

We can already predict what’s ginna happen here. Howard is not taking a single penny less than what he deems to be his market value, the Dolphins are gonna dick around in negotiations, and then end up either tagging him or trading him.

I agree. I believe he chose this agent for a reason. He may even be wanting a ticket out. I can't blame him for wanting money or wanting a change of address.

I just prefer Miami not use the Tag. The Tag is starting to become a negative tool. It is not helping organizations with their player relationships. It is a monetary tool but I think if the tag is used it should only be to protect the team's interest for legitimate negotiations with the player

If used properly, it gives the player some financial protection and gaurantee while a new contract can be negotiated.

But I believe if the player wants greener pastures and more money, then bring a quick resolution to the process and don't hold the guy hostage.

If you don't like his contract demands, have tried giving your best pitch and still rejected, realize you screwed up in creating the culture, drafting the player or some other systemic problem that has brought you to this juncture and move on. Holding a player hostage does not bode well for either party after the impass is reached.

I hope the NFL and NFL PA tweak this process more. Such as an admended Compensatory process specifically for Franchise Tagged or Transition Tagged players that allow a team to recover pick value if legitimate evidence is shown by contract negotiations that the organization cannot meet fair market value demands by the player after a mandatory negotiation period has expired. Say after June 1 and before TC.

Then the player is released from the tag and allowed to hit the open market. The team receives a protected compensatory pick not impacted by the acquisition of a free agent replacement.

A special circumstance that incentives both parties to expedite the process and remain genuine to the process .An amicable solution that releases both parties and allows both to get what they want (money and draft compensatiin).

There has to be a better way.

Consider this . The player is drafted. His first free agency is his chance to CHOOSE his future NFL home. Every player should have the right to test free agwncy before their career is over. And each team should have protection of their draft and coaching investment.

Hits the market he will get top money. And it won’t be just top 5.

Wouldn’t surprise me if his demand is top overall money even. The market dictates and guys who are top 5ish caliber reset the market all the time

Hits the market he will get top money. And it won’t be just top 5.

Wouldn’t surprise me if his demand is top overall money even. The market dictates and guys who are top 5ish caliber reset the market all the time
I don’t give a flying green **** what his demands are, the Dolphins better meet them and shut the **** about it.

I don’t give a flying green **** what his demands are, the Dolphins better meet them and shut the **** about it.

And it better include a no restructure clause. Otherwise T-Baum is going to wake up from a nightmare one night and restructure the ****ing thing to calm himself down.

I think that’s pretty much what his representation is gonna say. He’s got the leverage here unless miami is just gonna plan on minkah being its #1 corner for the long haul. And for that to happen they better see him getting that head around as a corner ask. Right now I like him more facing the action in terms of impact on the ball and playmaker

It’s not hard. Just sign x and check off that box for the next 5 years

If X wants Ross’ helicopter to take him to work everyday, you ask him what time he needs to be picked up. If he wants to **** his girlfriend in the one of the meeting rooms, you let him. You give that kid whatever he wants and don’t play games. We FINALLY have an elite CB, which is one of the hardest things to find in football. You don’t even let him THINK about leaving.

What’s likely to happen with tbum calling the shots is miami sign tunsil to highest paid o line in the league money when all they need to do this offseason is pick up the 5th year and then play my dicks bigger than yours is with x and smear him to the media for taking offense to the low ball offer in the process.

Cause...well...miami do plenty of things ass backwards

And not long after we retain Andre Branch at that ghastly 2019 number to send the fan base driving over the nearest bridge over the incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom