Poised For A Big Payday, Dolphins’ Howard Hires New Agent. (same Agent As Landry...) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poised For A Big Payday, Dolphins’ Howard Hires New Agent. (same Agent As Landry...)

It will be top corner money. Just get it done. No protracted painful negotiations. Unlike Landry, who had significant shortcomings (playbook, attitude, penalties), X has developed and produced and remained a good soldier. If you aren't willing to pay him top dollar you aren't going to pay anyone top dollar.

Now that being said, I'm willing to bet people will consider him overpaid next season should this deal get done. His production isn't going to be nearly as high as this season.

This is why drafting is so important and why we have struggled for as long as we have. Sure you try to keep your own when warranted, but you must constantly backfill with talent through the draft that does not cost as much as signing quality free agents generally does. This has been biting us in the butt for years!

I wouldn't be calling Landry "elite" talent. He's a good player but I'd take Wilson over him. As far as Howard I hope they can work it out but I can already see him and his agent are gonna be real greedy so I really hope cooler heads will prevail.

Hey D, hope everything is going better for you and the family. As far as greed, well, we are talking business. Put yourself in X's place. NFL, not for long, in a few years he will have "lost a step", also the window for winning a SB ring is limited. So here you are, one of the most talented CB's in the game, and you know the highest salary is 15 Mio. The fins offer 12 Mio., then KC comes along and offers you 14 Mio. What would you do, you know what you would do, 2 Mio. more to be on what appears to be a championship team, as opposed to a team that struggles against the run and cannot consistently score enough points to win against higher level, or even equal opponents.

Be honest now, RT17, vs PM15???? Mr Gase vs Andy Reed??????

Also there is this, Mr Gase has repeatedly said that he is building a team that does not need "STARS" to win, I doubt that any players outside RT17 will ever receive a "STAR" salary, but who knows, the Phins F.O. has a tendency to surprise at times.

The Ever Business Minded And Profit Oriented VIPER

our defense sucks, its the worse in the league with or without him so NO
do not pay him. do not pay anyone until we see a lot of Ws against the Pats or the Steelers or the Ravens.

do not pay him. do not pay anyone until we see a lot of Ws against the Pats or the Steelers or the Ravens.

The perfect strategy for Tannenbaum and Grier to bring a bunch of Branch’s and Maxwell’s in the building.

Spend the money on a commodity and give them less of it to blow on a bunch of garbage.

The perfect strategy for Tannenbaum and Grier to bring a bunch of Branch’s and Maxwell’s in the building.

Spend the money on a commodity and give them less of it to blow on a bunch of garbage.

The initial deal for Branch was not bad. The extension though whoof

Oh, i love this argument.
Does it work the other way around too?

You know those players that have monster contract numbers that aren't producing.
I think yoi mean have monster numbers with a minimal contracts. I have two words for that type of situation/player:

LeVeon Bell....

35i9od4.jpg

no winning no getting paid. this is the only way to change things.
who cares about the interceptions they mean nothing.
let them go to cleveland or the bills where they can go
7-9 and make millions. not here. branch should be cut asap.

Last edited:
Highest paid right now is Josh Norman at 15 so I expect Howard to be above that, I'm sure Ramsey will be watching this contract closely.

15 million in his dreams. LOL
He got offered 11 million a year last December and passed, so 15 is not far off from where he'll be or more. Or he'll take his services elsewhere you can take that to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom