Poised For A Big Payday, Dolphins’ Howard Hires New Agent. (same Agent As Landry...)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jimlerario, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Tureo

Tureo Seasoned Veteran

Is it really a good idea to overpay a corner in a passing league where Wrs can't be touched? That's my only hesitation. Norman was mentioned in DC as their 2nd best corner yet we watch teams throw the ball all over the field against DC.

2. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Y’all did this same thing with Jarvis Landry and were proven wrong lol.

There’s always going to be a team in unrestricted free agency willing to pay a premium for a player who is near top at his position.

BobDole likes this.
  3. MARINO1384

MARINO1384 Pro Bowler

Not if we do it this year. He’s still has a year on his rookie contract give him a decent contract with a decent amount of guaranteed money and you might even get him for a steal. Not worth it for him to risk his career playing under a rookie contract he gets hurt and sees nothing.

4. *Demi*God*

*Demi*God* A True Fan

Who got offered 11 mil and turned it down?

5. danstilldaman

danstilldaman Well-Known Member

Sorry I was misinformed in relation to a podcast I heard saying it was thrown around that Howard will at minimum worth 11 million a year, it was stated that they believe he'd turn that down, if his all pro play continues. It was speculation and they were jumping back and forth and misheard it thinking they said he declined that offer. My bad. But I do believe he's gonna get paid big-time especially with him starting to get national recognition.

6. Dolphinitis

Dolphinitis Well-Known Member

who cares about landry. we are 6-6 without landry and we would be 6-6 with his 5 yard catches and 15 yard penalties.
    you are going to pay this guy 15 million and then complain about it when we continue to be 7-9 just like you all complain about reshad.

*Demi*God* likes this.
  7. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek Finheaven VIP

Replace the names and parallels galore. The biggest difference is corner in today’s league is at such a premium that you can’t get around paying the really good ones ... especially ones you drafted that will still be playing past his first $$$ contract.

The FO is such a ****show that they’ll throw out some goofball $12 mil per offer and get laughed out of the room until all leverage is lost and get stuck trading him to the Browns for a 4th. Is it weird that I have to clarify the sarcasm in the last sentence? It is.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Yessir likes this.
  8. *Demi*God*

*Demi*God* A True Fan

I agree he will too hands down and he deserves it...

9. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I hope when Tunsil is on the board for a contract...we don't try to search for a reason to not pay him. I would like to see at least TWO draft picks get a 2nd contract that doesn't denote them being mediocre....