Pole Dancing As An Olympic Sport? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pole Dancing As An Olympic Sport?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Pole dancing has evolved over the last decade, becoming a popular workout and an organized gymnastic competition. So is it time for it to become an official Olympic sport?
On HuffPost Live Friday, a group of pole dancing enthusiasts and national champions came together to discuss whether the sport's athletes should be allowed to compete on the world stage.
Sergia Louis Anderson, the 2013 U.S. National Pole Championships winner, said that while she defines herself more as an artist, she thinks those who want to see pole dancing in the Olympics have a great argument.
Amy Guion, co-founder of the Pole Sport Organization, and Fawnia Dietrich, owner of Pole Fitness Studio in Las Vegas, agreed.
"It's human nature that we always want to strive to be better than we already are," Dietrich told HuffPost Live. "I think it's a natural progression that one day, maybe by the year 2020, pole dancing will be an Olympic sport. All the power to those who have the training, the genetics and the drive to take it there."

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/#r/a...pole-dancers-say-yes/520edba9fe34442034000614

This better not happen. They already got the stupid dancing horse crap in the Olympics, and they want to get rid of wrestling which really pisses me off. What's next tap dancing, Olympic coupon clipping?

i would lose my marbles if they took out wrestling and added pole dancing

Back
Top Bottom