Police seek charges against fans in Sheffield scuffle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Police seek charges against fans in Sheffield scuffle

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
New York outfielder Gary Sheffield isn't sure whether he wants to press charges against two fans who were involved in a scuffle with him during a game last week at Fenway Park. Boston police already have made up their minds to do just that.

Sheffield met Tuesday with officials from the baseball commissioner's office, and Boston police filed applications for misdemeanor criminal charges against the two fans -- one allegedly made contact with the outfielder as he attempted to get the ball near the right-field wall and the other tossed a beer at him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/04/19/sheffield.scuffle.ap/index.html

i saw the game, and saw the highlights i dont know how many times, and the fan didnt "take a swipe at him"......he was doing like every other fan and trying to get the ball. he pulled away once he saw sheffield was there and thats what made it look like he was swinging at him. overdramatization at its finest, if baseball wants to get the news off steriods just test better.....

Fin_Fanatic said:
i saw the game, and saw the highlights i dont know how many times, and the fan didnt "take a swipe at him"......he was doing like every other fan and trying to get the ball. he pulled away once he saw sheffield was there and thats what made it look like he was swinging at him. overdramatization at its finest, if baseball wants to get the news off steriods just test better.....

One guy hit him in the mouth the other guy threw a beer on him. Press charges teach these "fans" a lesson!

the guy MAY have clipped him, but hit him in the mouth???? we must have been watching different games. he got the beer thrown at him after he went into the stands and pushed/punched the guy. like i said, total BS

Its the media at its best, sheffy shouldnt be suspended...the fans season tickets fans were revoked..thats enough. I mean come on charges dont need to be pressed.

t2thejz said:
Its the media at its best, sheffy shouldnt be suspended...the fans season tickets fans were revoked..thats enough. I mean come on charges dont need to be pressed.

When the Yankees bullpen was attacked a few years back, charges were brought against the players on the Yanks. Same thing here, now the shoe is on the other foot though. The fans should have charges pressed against them just to prove a point.

Back
Top Bottom